Nightcap

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Govnor

Nightcap

Post by Govnor »

My Doris has gone to bed, the dog isn't interested in the current food-even he looked desperate for a titbit.

Doris seems to think that we can be changed and she is right, permanently hungry.

So as we are eating vegetation, currently and all the beers and treats are cut back.

She's even not bought remi Martin Cognac but some Aldi brandy, best have a glass while I can as it will be bread and water way this diet is going.

No cigar either, distant memory like a gallon of 5 star.
661-Pete

Re: Nightcap

Post by 661-Pete »

Tongue-in-cheek or genuine lament? I'm sure someone can help if it's the latter....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Yeahbut - think how fit you are now!!
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Govnor

Post by Govnor »

661-Pete wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 8:44am Tongue-in-cheek or genuine lament? I'm sure someone can help if it's the latter....
It was a light hearted jest at fact that since the healthy eating and exercise started all the comfort foods gone.

I'm sure the once a week sirloin steak will be heavenly after a week of grass and sawdust by comparison.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Having observed the conduct of the thread originator in the other, locked thread started today, I can see no point in continuing to engage with this individual.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Maillot Rouge

Post by Maillot Rouge »

Reading his previous threads/posts there seems to be an undercurrent/agenda to many of them.I get the impression the poster is here to court controversy.
Mike_Ayling

Post by Mike_Ayling »

Govnor wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 12:53am My Doris has gone to bed, the dog isn't interested in the current food-even he looked desperate for a titbit.

Doris seems to think that we can be changed and she is right, permanently hungry.

So as we are eating vegetation, currently and all the beers and treats are cut back.

She's even not bought remi Martin Cognac but some Aldi brandy, best have a glass while I can as it will be bread and water way this diet is going.

No cigar either, distant memory like a gallon of 5 star.
Doris is right, the best way to loose weight is to eliminate alcohol (including the Aldi brandy) and sugary foods from your diet.