Covert Racism, ganging up and bias mod

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Bonefishblues

Re: Covert Racism, ganging up and bias mod

Post by Bonefishblues »

Your post was deeply patronising. It may not have been meant as such, but it was read as such. Take the feedback and move on.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Govnor wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 11:36am Charity receives charity status by following the charity rules.

Now the whole issue is the term "pet" I used as a short form of "alright pet" or could be "alright govnor" or gov or mush

It's a hello and nothing else, like saying alright love to a bloke or pensioner as you hold the door for them- certain it's not ment as sexism.

Calling someone who comes from a gypsy background stupid or an idiot after 13 schools- highly offensive as the opportunity to learn a lot lot harder -grammar police.

So to summarize
The charity must not discriminate for charity status, bike week encouraged us to make some changes and hope positive response.

Half way through my email to charity commission and it seems a pack of people ganging up.

For the record I don't care what nationality, sex or background you come from or your food choices.

Looking for a common interest that's all.
I honestly do my best to prevent discrimination on here. I'm not perfect. I sometimes miss, or misinterpret things.

You expect us to accept unquestioningly that you were offended by some posts.

I have accepted it and dealt with them. I expect the same in return. "Pet" is offensive and patronising.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Govnor

Post by Govnor »

Vorpal wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 11:56am
Govnor wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 11:36am Charity receives charity status by following the charity rules.

Now the whole issue is the term "pet" I used as a short form of "alright pet" or could be "alright govnor" or gov or mush

It's a hello and nothing else, like saying alright love to a bloke or pensioner as you hold the door for them- certain it's not ment as sexism.

Calling someone who comes from a gypsy background stupid or an idiot after 13 schools- highly offensive as the opportunity to learn a lot lot harder -grammar police.

So to summarize
The charity must not discriminate for charity status, bike week encouraged us to make some changes and hope positive response.

Half way through my email to charity commission and it seems a pack of people ganging up.

For the record I don't care what nationality, sex or background you come from or your food choices.

Looking for a common interest that's all.
I honestly do my best to prevent discrimination on here. I'm not perfect. I sometimes miss, or misinterpret things.

You expect us to accept unquestioningly that you were offended by some posts.

I have accepted it and dealt with them. I expect the same in return. "Pet" is offensive and patronising.
Shall we agree to disagree on "Pet" I wasn't trying to be patronising and our Cheryl as in Cheryl Cole uses the same term.

Hopefully this is a miss understanding and a cultural difference if it keeps the peace I will try to avoid "pet"

I take it alright my love, (male female or trans), lads ,lasses are ok.

Moving on it's a beautiful day for a bicycle ride.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Govnor wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 1:15pm

Shall we agree to disagree on "Pet" I wasn't trying to be patronising and our Cheryl as in Cheryl Cole uses the same term.

Hopefully this is a miss understanding and a cultural difference if it keeps the peace I will try to avoid "pet"

You can think what you like about it, but if you use terms like "pet", "love", "dear", "lads", or "lasses" in referring to other than those near you for whom they are terms of endearment (friends, family, etc.), they are likely to be removed, and persistence will result in a ban.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Govnor

Post by Govnor »

Vorpal wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 1:26pm
Govnor wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 1:15pm

You can think what you like about it, but if you use terms like "pet", "love", "dear", "lads", or "lasses" in referring to other than those near you for whom they are terms of endearment (friends, family, etc.), they are likely to be removed, and persistence will result in a ban.
Thank you, so you were not sincere in your apology-snide when I thought you were being genuine.

Rather than heat of moment, will wait for a proper apology or I will hit send on my complaint to charity commission as Vorpal is an agent of CyclingUK and they are condoning the discrimination.