Moving

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
pete75

Re: Moving

Post by pete75 »

[XAP]Bob wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 11:59am
thirdcrank wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 12:03pm
I cannot see how heat pump systems could be easily retro-fitted into existing houses,
I think air-source heat pumps are similar in size and appearance to an air-con unit. I only know this because a former colleague has one which I took to be air-con till he explained. His was retrofitted on a 1960s bungalow but I don't know what faff it involved
Air conditioning *is* a heat pump, so that's exactly what they look like.
Quite.
We have an air-source heat pump for the swimming pool and it seems to work efficiently, keeping the water warm and costing little to run as it gets most of it's power from our solar panels. It took me about 2 hours to fit, including wiring but not including time for making the concrete pad it's bolted to. A pool installation is simpler than one for domestic heating as I believe the latter needs some sort of pressurised tank to store 'spare' heat for use later whereas a swimming pool stores it's own heat.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Re-quoting means I'm being attributed as the author of a phrase I quoted.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Looks like an unattributed quote inside your quote to me - not an attribution to you.
Or am I missing something obvious?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
peterb

Post by peterb »

To give an idea of the size of an ASHP, and the storage tank (there is also another pressure vessel similar to the white one). Installed in a 4 bed house. Takes up considerably more space than a combi boiler.
P1040463.JPG
P1040462.JPG
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

P1040463.JPG
P1040463.JPG (45.92 KiB) Viewed 424 times
P1040462.JPG
P1040462.JPG (36.76 KiB) Viewed 424 times
peterb

Post by peterb »

jdsk - thanks - how did you turn the photos?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

: - )

I downloaded them, rotated them, and uploaded them.

I don't think that this site has any tools for doing that.

... were they the right way up on a 'phone, but then appeared rotated on this site?

Jonathan
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Jdsk wrote: 1 Aug 2021, 6:22pm : - )
B
I downloaded them, rotated them, and uploaded them.

I don't think that this site has any tools for doing that.

... were they the right way up on a 'phone, but then appeared rotated on this site?

Jonathan
Yours are a lot smaller than the originals I wonder if size has something to do with it. Happened to me recently also the pics are right way up on phone appear on their side here but open up right way up.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

It's usually the management of the EXIF tags that causes this problem.

Paulatic wrote: 1 Aug 2021, 6:28pmYours are a lot smaller than the originals I wonder if size has something to do with it.
Thanks. I hadn't noticed that, and don't know why... off to investigate....

... for some reason I download the thumbnails. But if I copy the link I can get them full size. And when I upload those... they're reduced and rotated.

Jonathan
Last edited by Jdsk on 1 Aug 2021, 6:48pm, edited 1 time in total.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Happens a lot with Apple devices I have noticed. Dont know what the conservation officer would think of those ASHP bits here?

Painters tomorrow doing the outside. We start the inside Wednesday including fitting cornices, dado rails etc. Woodburner flue inspection tomorrow too, Aga service Wednesday. Spent the weekend tidying up the trees, hard work with manual tools.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Moving my stuff in today. Spoke to Removal people..not available for a month, remnants of the stamp duty holiday rush still going on. So, hired a Luton and my son in law and a lad from the YMCA to do it. Fast running out of space. :(
Car Boot tomorrow to shift a bit more dross.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Ideal time to take stock and get rid of 'stuff'.
We've been in this house for 18 years so I'm well overdue for having a proper clear out.
Tools are my weakness, I expect I'll never use some but very reluctant to part with them.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

We downsized 10 years ago from a 5 bedroom three story town house to a 2 bedroom country cottage.

We now find we are moving to a flat larger than our cottage.
John
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

I can sell you some stuff to help fill it John. :wink:
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

fausto copy wrote: 8 Aug 2021, 11:22am I can sell you some stuff to help fill it John. :wink:
:D

We will probably be a bit minimalist. But then, we keep buying books.
John