Students university cheating

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
al_yrpal

Re: Students university cheating

Post by al_yrpal »

My ex neighbour Sibella Bonham Carter used to study ancient Greek....it helped her get to sleep!

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Jdsk

Education, education, education...

Post by Jdsk »

Jdsk wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 4:40pmAnd in the economic sectors where the UK can have comparative advantage the importance of higher education is massive. That's on top of the immediate effects on employment, wealth generation, and foreign earnings.
New analysis:

"The costs and benefits of international higher education students to the UK economy"
"International students are worth £28.8 billion to the UK"
"Every part of the UK is financially better off – on average by £390 per person – because of international students."

https://www.hepi.ac.uk/2021/09/09/inter ... to-the-uk/

Jonathan
al_yrpal

Re: Students university cheating

Post by al_yrpal »

The Kenyans who are helping the world to cheat - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-58465189

Academia aint what it was. Seems to me standards have plummeted and opportunities to cheat abound. No wonder wise employers are setting their own entrance examinations. Even back in the 60s to apply for my Ministry of Aviation Student Apprenticeship I had to do a very stiff intelligence test and practical test under exam conditions in Central London and then a selection board and additional tests at RAE Farnborough. I believe employers like Rolls Royce still do this.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......