Take These (Supply) Chains from My Heart

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Oldjohnw

Re: Take These (Supply) Chains from My Heart

Post by Oldjohnw »

When it comes to looking at temporary visas for foreign drivers and abattoir workers, we are told that these jobs are low skilled and low paid.

But government ministers now have a new mantra: high skilled high paid which they apply to potential British drivers and abattoir workers.

I don’t think that the UK government understands how the market works.
John
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Oldjohnw wrote: 9 Oct 2021, 8:39am When it comes to looking at temporary visas for foreign drivers and abattoir workers, we are told that these jobs are low skilled and low paid.

But government ministers now have a new mantra: high skilled high paid which they apply to potential British drivers and abattoir workers.

I don’t think that the UK government understands how the market works.
The further into this sh*tstorm we got the more I'm coming round to Debs thinking on the issue that it's a all deliberate act on the part of the government and their financiers,the super rich set to gain most from such a massive mistake by jussttt over half UK populous wh o voted in the referendum:-
Debs wrote: 9 Oct 2021, 1:24am It's not Toryism nasty as that is, but this is far worse, it's Brexitism, and succeeding in the very thing it was designed to do.
We are experiencing the age of the British Billionaires Bonanza, and the architects of Brexit understand only too well they can't fund a small clique of super-wealthy billionaire vampires without the creation and maintenance of a very large super-poor underclass.
The super rich are using the the UK as a money laundering facility with the offshore tax haven we facilitate.when you have a former Labour PM who's a multi millionaire saving £312K on stamp duty by using the said facility there's the strong smell of many rat decomposing at the heart of this country's elite.
You could not get more bent and twisted than the present situation,Brexit was a necessity for that sorry state of affairs to continue as it's days were number as the EU closed in on the corruption,so for that elite the only way to continue their money laundering scam was for the UK to leave the EU and escape the laws that were about to shut down their dealings.
To such people as the super rich the ordinary wo/man on the street are just minions to be treated as they see fit which isn't fit at all.

The master plan is for the rich to get richer at the expense of the rest of us.
I strongly believe there are them who voted for Brexit and where duped as a result and now know they were duped.
There are also those who are and always will be supporters of brexit and nothing will change their minds.
Last edited by reohn2 on 9 Oct 2021, 10:07am, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

In agriculture I think the government doesn't want a sector but want only cheap imports.
John
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Oldjohnw wrote: 9 Oct 2021, 10:06am In agriculture I think the government doesn't want a sector but want only cheap imports.
Correct ala Aussie deal.
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

The EU hasn't got wot we've got:- https://youtu.be/odkxpKZcLjw
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Did someone say you couldn't make ot up?
Watch and weep:- https://youtu.be/bt58k7aA2NM
W H Auden
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Filled the Toyota tank with petrol yesterday. No queues to speak of. In and out in five minutes.
£33odd of E10.

First E10 we've bought.
Mick F. Cornwall
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

An interesting development that is bound to contribute to longer term impacts (i.e. less obvious than empty filling stations)
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/oct/12/christmas-shortages-loom-as-felixstowe-struggles-with-backlog wrote:...Fears are growing about Christmas stock shortages after Felixstowe, the UK’s biggest container port, was forced to turn away ships from Asia because of a backlog of containers caused by the HGV driver shortage....
Ian
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Getting EU workers back into UK "not going well"
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/foreign-lorry-drivers-visas-uk-b1937530.html wrote:Only 20 foreign lorry driver visas have been processed, government admits
Only around 20 applications for temporary visas from foreign lorry drivers have been processed during Britain’s supply chain crisis, a senior government figure has revealed.

Conservative Party co-chair Oliver Dowden admitted that the UK had been able to attract a “relatively limited” number of heavy goods vehicle (HGV) drivers from overseas.
Ian
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Psamathe wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 12:01pm Getting EU workers back into UK "not going well"
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/foreign-lorry-drivers-visas-uk-b1937530.html wrote:Only 20 foreign lorry driver visas have been processed, government admits
Only around 20 applications for temporary visas from foreign lorry drivers have been processed during Britain’s supply chain crisis, a senior government figure has revealed.

Conservative Party co-chair Oliver Dowden admitted that the UK had been able to attract a “relatively limited” number of heavy goods vehicle (HGV) drivers from overseas.
Ian
The temporary visa debacle gives you some idea just how out of touch these ivory tower dwelling morons actually are!
W H Auden
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Mick F wrote: 12 Oct 2021, 3:33pm Filled the Toyota tank with petrol yesterday. No queues to speak of. In and out in five minutes.
£33odd of E10.

First E10 we've bought.
I was surprised to see it's only just gone on sale in the UK. We've had here it for a number of years.
I run our car on it and haven't noticed any changes to mpg or performance since using it.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

reohn2 wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 12:23pm
Psamathe wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 12:01pm Getting EU workers back into UK "not going well"

Ian
The temporary visa debacle gives you some idea just how out of touch these ivory tower dwelling morons actually are!
The government is either too thick or thick skinned to see how insulting this offer of visas is.
Why would you return to a country that you felt unwelcome in and for no benefits?
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

No benefits?

You get to spend hours in a park without toilet facilities... what more could you want.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

francovendee wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 1:55pm
Mick F wrote: 12 Oct 2021, 3:33pm Filled the Toyota tank with petrol yesterday. No queues to speak of. In and out in five minutes.
£33odd of E10.

First E10 we've bought.
I was surprised to see it's only just gone on sale in the UK. We've had here it for a number of years.
I run our car on it and haven't noticed any changes to mpg or performance since using it.
I've been running my two motorcycles on E10 the past couple of refuels and noticed I'm getting between 3 and 5mpg better on it :)
W H Auden