Most prolific poster

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
PH

Re: Most prolific poster

Post by PH »

al_yrpal wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 8:29am In Micks defence he often comes up with interesting real life subjects which provoke interesting discussions. And, we know who he is, he's not shy of revealing his identity. You get what it says on the tin!
If only other prolific posters did the same thing....

Al
+1
He also takes the gentle ribbing in good humour, I may not always agree with him, but always appreciate his contribution. I don't think I've ever seen a nasty post from him.
sjs

Post by sjs »

fausto copy wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 2:59pm
reohn2 wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 10:20am
PH wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 8:40am

Yes, but half his content is telling us he's leaving/has left the CTC.
And the other half telling us he never wanted to join the EU :wink:
And his third half :wink: all about his lack of a TV licence.
And the fourth half about the Moulton. Heavy, slow and mechanically problematic, but otherwise great.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Good afternoon guys! :D

Thank you for your kind comments.

Yes we have a telly license, and Mrs Mick F filled in the form in accordance with the instruction, and put her name on the back of the cheque - as requested - but the TVL came in MY name. I sent it back with a snotty letter, but have heard nothing since. When (if) we get a reminder when the present TVL expires, it won't be renewed by me.

Still, I personally haven't watched anything at all that would require a TVL, but Mrs Mick F has ............ after I've gone to bed! :wink:
Mick F. Cornwall
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

PH wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 9:21am
al_yrpal wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 8:29am In Micks defence he often comes up with interesting real life subjects which provoke interesting discussions. And, we know who he is, he's not shy of revealing his identity. You get what it says on the tin!
If only other prolific posters did the same thing....

Al
+1
He also takes the gentle ribbing in good humour, I may not always agree with him, but always appreciate his contribution. I don't think I've ever seen a nasty post from him.
+2
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Another half of his posts covers cleaning chains.

Here's a thread just waiting.............

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147914
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

And another half of his posts concerns beer.

Oh, no, make that a pint, not a half. :wink:
Mike_Ayling

Post by Mike_Ayling »

Mick F wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 3:16pm Good afternoon guys! :D

Yes we have a telly license, and Mrs Mick F filled in the form in accordance with the instruction, and put her name on the back of the cheque - as requested - but the TVL came in MY name. I sent it back with a snotty letter, but have heard nothing since. When (if) we get a reminder when the present TVL expires, it won't be renewed by me.

Still, I personally haven't watched anything at all that would require a TVL, but Mrs Mick F has ............ after I've gone to bed! :wink:
Whose name is the bank account in?
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi All :D , Nice, polite thread!
But I noticed the post by Hellhound that I thought was apposite? Rating "Posters" as cake!
They may have started out as "Sponge Cakes", but a number of us on this Forum must surely have moved on to "Old Fruit Cake" status :roll: :lol: :wink: .
But the mist crucial question must be over their "Best Before" date? Keep it witty, a pointed comment is better than a pointed dagger! MM
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Mike_Ayling wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 1:31am

Joint.

I expect that they never looked at the back of the cheque and just issued the TVL to me, as I was the buyer of the last one (years and years ago) and they just sent it out in accordance with their records.
Mick F. Cornwall
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
[XAP]Bob wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 10:17am
Mick F wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 9:05am Brucey was catching me up.
Sadly missed from here now.Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 09.04.59.png
Blimey, I'm high on that list :oops:
I am last :P

Free time and having free time to be able to post.
People are working likely to have less free time especially if the home life is also busy.
Last edited by NATURAL ANKLING on 20 Sep 2021, 1:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Mick F wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 9:11am
Mike_Ayling wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 1:31am

Joint.

I expect that they never looked at the back of the cheque and just issued the TVL to me, as I was the buyer of the last one (years and years ago) and they just sent it out in accordance with their records.
I have no doubt that the comment on your account says something like "prolific ducker and diver" :lol: :lol:
The license issuer probably got a free bag of crisps at the works canteen too.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

They probably all went down the pub and got bladdered on the proceeds of the cheque! :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall