Anti-vax and anti slow down.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
661-Pete

Re: Anti-vax and anti slow down.

Post by 661-Pete »

pwa wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 7:59am And I think being willing to say "I was wrong" is worthy of respect.
Not if that remark comes from one of us. We need BoJo and his cronies to utter those words....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

661-Pete wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 7:38pm
reohn2 wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 8:56am No Pete it most definitely isn't.
No problems R2, I was being a bit flippant. Although the topic is serious...
[XAP]Bob wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 8:59am
661-Pete wrote: 26 Sep 2021, 11:30pm I only wish I had been right! Alas, I wasn't!
I suggest that we all (well, except for de Pfeffel and his clowns) wish you had been correct.
That's dangerously close to the 'conspiracy theory' post I made earlier, suggesting that BoJo had a hidden agenda for exploiting the Covid pandemic to cover for... well, you-know-what...
Oh I don't think he's actively exploited it (though his actions at various times could easily be taken for that), but that he has found it a useful "bad news year" to muddy the waters of the damage he *is* deliberately doing.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

[XAP]Bob wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 10:10am Oh I don't think he's actively exploited it (though his actions at various times could easily be taken for that), but that he has found it a useful "bad news year" to muddy the waters of the damage he *is* deliberately doing.
I can't help but be reminded of this...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

661-Pete wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 9:07am
pwa wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 7:59am And I think being willing to say "I was wrong" is worthy of respect.
Not if that remark comes from one of us. We need BoJo and his cronies to utter those words....
They will NEVER admit wrong doing,you're seeing it presently with that truly aweful excuse for humanity Grant Shapps as he attempts to blame everyone but the equally aweful excuse for humanity the Tory government!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden