Go Angela,my kind of woman!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Go Angela,my kind of woman!

Post by reohn2 »

A woman who doesn't mince her words,was she right or wrong :- https://youtu.be/rkY0chqCA9o
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
PH

Re: Go Angela,my kind of woman!

Post by PH »

Right in her appraisal
Wrong to use that language
It's become the story, who do you think that benefits?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

PH wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 6:17pm Right in her appraisal
Wrong to use that language
It's become the story, who do you think that benefits?
She nailed her colours firmly to the mast,the comment will be forgotten by the media in a week!
What matters is that it's true!
W H Auden
PH

Post by PH »

reohn2 wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 6:29pm ...the comment will be forgotten by the media in a week!
We'll see, I've a feeling it'll come back and bite her.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

There's a paranoia surrounding kier and the Labour Party. Are there members of the PLP scheming to steal the leader's limelight and agenda? Was Raynor cynically taking Starmers headlines? Was the resigned shadow employment spokesman part a left wing n plot? Was Corbyn involved in the scheming n in his late night conversations with the resigned front bencher before his resignation part of that or are they really "old friends"? Is there a labour mp going around promoting himself as available if there was to be a leadership contest. Was Burnham also doing that?

Who knows but apparently the mp putting himself about as a potential Starmer replacement is apparently true and Raynor did become the headlines of the conference for a day or two.

Personally if you have to be abusive you've probably lost your ground in the debate. However I'm not convinced debate or discussion was her aim but promotion. Look how some of b you lot appreciated her b comment.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Tangled Metal wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 6:37pm There's a paranoia surrounding kier and the Labour Party. Are there members of the PLP scheming to steal the leader's limelight and agenda? Was Raynor cynically taking Starmers headlines? Was the resigned shadow employment spokesman part a left wing n plot? Was Corbyn involved in the scheming n in his late night conversations with the resigned front bencher before his resignation part of that or are they really "old friends"? Is there a labour mp going around promoting himself as available if there was to be a leadership contest. Was Burnham also doing that?

Who knows but apparently the mp putting himself about as a potential Starmer replacement is apparently true and Raynor did become the headlines of the conference for a day or two.

Personally if you have to be abusive you've probably lost your ground in the debate. However I'm not convinced debate or discussion was her aim but promotion. Look how some of b you lot appreciated her b comment.
When you begin posting what you mean I'll answer.
W H Auden
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

Tangled Metal wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 6:37pm Personally if you have to be abusive you've probably lost your ground in the debate.
Calling them scum is hardly abusive.
True yes, abusive far from it!
sjs

Post by sjs »

reohn2 wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 5:30pm A woman who doesn't mince her words,was she right or wrong :- https://youtu.be/rkY0chqCA9o
Hard to judge whether it will end up having a positive or negative impact on labour's election chances. Probably none at all. Factually right or wrong? Absolutely right, and nowhere near as abusive as some of "Boris"'s insults.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Today its the language you use which will follow you around like a bad smell.

Even Sir Kier has good to say, but its all to late for labour.

Swearing is seen as aggressive, and I try really hard to day to not swear in public.......hard when a driver lurches forward three times when they should be giving way.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Well, I read today that one Labour lady member had stated that at the time of the rough tongued woman started ranting "Drink had been partaken!"? So maybe that will be her defence when called to task for ranting like a fish wife?
I never heard Bessie Braddock pulled up over a foul tongue ? Showed she had wit, not that she was witless! Come the day when we see a successor to Nancy Astor.
As the rougher type would phrase it about AR - "If wit was sh*t, she'd be constipated!"! Excuse my treading on her territory. MM
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

I'm afraid, the piccies of her having a fag right outside the conference centre were a complete turn-off for me, whatever my view of this person before.

What's the verdict? Is she (a) ignorant of the health risks, in which case she's too stupid to be leadership material? or (b) knows the risks full well but blatantly ignores advice, making her irresponsible? or (c) is in denial about the risks, in which case she's in cahoots with conspiracy theorists? or (d) addicted and can't chuck the habit, in which case she's weak-willed?

A pity, because Labour could do well to have a female leader. Choose one of the others...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

merseymouth wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 9:06pm I never heard Bessie Braddock pulled up over a foul tongue ?
Bessie Braddock's moment of fame* (probably apocryphal) came when she accosted Churchill in the lobby with the words: "Mr Churchill, you are drunk."
Churchill's reply: "Madam, you are ugly - but tomorrow I shall be sober."

*also ascribed to Lady Astor.
Last edited by 661-Pete on 28 Sep 2021, 9:18pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

661-Pete wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 9:10pm I'm afraid, the piccies of her having a fag right outside the conference centre were a complete turn-off for me, whatever my view of this person before.

What's the verdict? Is she (a) ignorant of the health risks, in which case she's too stupid to be leadership material? or (b) knows the risks full well but blatantly ignores advice, making her irresponsible? or (c) is in denial about the risks, in which case she's in cahoots with conspiracy theorists? or (d) addicted and can't chuck the habit, in which case she's weak-willed?

A pity, because Labour could do well to have a female leader. Choose one of the others...
Nothing like judging someone who happens to like a smoke,smoking isn't something I do myself but I don't go around judging people's charachter because they do.
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

661-Pete wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 9:14pm
merseymouth wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 9:06pm I never heard Bessie Braddock pulled up over a foul tongue ?
Bessie Braddock's moment of fame (probably apocryphal) came when she accosted Churchill in the lobby with the words: "Mr Churchill, you are drunk."
Churchill's reply: "Madam, you are ugly - but tomorrow I shall be sober."
As I recall Churchill liked to smoke a rather large cigar in public......
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

sjs wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 6:53pm
reohn2 wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 5:30pm A woman who doesn't mince her words,was she right or wrong :- https://youtu.be/rkY0chqCA9o
Hard to judge whether it will end up having a positive or negative impact on labour's election chances. Probably none at all. Factually right or wrong? Absolutely right, and nowhere near as abusive as some of "Boris"'s insults.
Quite!
W H Auden