Funding for flu jabs.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
thirdcrank

Funding for flu jabs.

Post by thirdcrank »

Can anyone say with confidence how the funding for flu jabs works?

Is the jabber - GP surgery / pharmacy - paid per jab?

I benefit from the age-related exemption so I'm not querying payment by the jabee (?)
Jdsk

Re: Funding for flu jabs.

Post by Jdsk »

For England:
"The national flu immunisation programme 2020/21"
https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/u ... 0-2021.pdf

Links to the Directed Enhanced Service and the Enhanced Service for GPs and the service specification for Community Pharmacies.

Jonathan
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Thanks. I'm certainly wiser, but if the info I sought is in there, I've missed it.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

It's different for the different contracts. Could you work out from that which contract(s) you are interested in?

Then it should be possible to find the appropriate tariff.

Jonathan
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

My interest is merely this:-

Without looking for obscure alternatives, to get my annual flu jab it seems I have a choice between my GP practice and the chemist across the road from the GP so for me it makes no difference. I was wondering whether my eventual choice would make any difference to those providers.

eg Would the GP get the same funding anyway, based on something like the headcount of grumpy old gits on their list of patients, in which case I'd be reducing the burden on the GP practice to go to the chemist, or would they get less funding if I took my arm elsewhere?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

thirdcrank wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 11:54am My interest is merely this:-

Without looking for obscure alternatives, to get my annual flu jab it seems I have a choice between my GP practice and the chemist across the road from the GP so for me it makes no difference. I was wondering whether my eventual choice would make any difference to those providers.

eg Would the GP get the same funding anyway, based on something like the headcount of grumpy old gits on their list of patients, in which case I'd be reducing the burden on the GP practice to go to the chemist, or would they get less funding if I took my arm elsewhere?
The system changed. GPs are now paid if their practice population meets defined levels of vaccination, not per patient vaccinated. And it doesn't matter where the patient received the vaccination: the information is supposed to flow to allow the calculations for the practice.

Jonathan
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Thanks