Diabetic eye-screening

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
thirdcrank

Diabetic eye-screening

Post by thirdcrank »

I've just had a bit of good news

I've been having annual checks now for something like ten years but the last was in January 2020 so I'm now long-overdue. I've just had a call offering a cancelled appointment tomorrow, which I accepted with alacrity. I know there are others on here in my age group so this may be of interest to them. For anybody not bothered, please excuse my jubilation
fausto copy

Re: Diabetic eye-screening

Post by fausto copy »

Well, let's hope the outcome is good news too TC. :)
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Thanks for that. If it is bad news, which is probably increasingly likely each year, the sooner it's diagnosed the better.
rjb

Post by rjb »

When I had my routine eye test at the optician, they picked up a possible diabetes problem and referred me back to my doctor. Further tests by the doctor indicated no issues but it's better to be safe than sorry. It's surprising what a simple eye test or dental check can reveal. Stay safe out there.
My eye test is due shortly after 2 years.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

I've had retinopathy scans and been in and out in 15 minutes, no eyedrops needed :D Last year the person taking the pictures said we'll try without the drops and she was happy with the results so this year I asked if we could try and if they were unhappy with the images then we'd use drops, again this year the images were fine.
Last year I blagged the day off work for the appointment, this year it fell on a rest day but did give the opportunity to enjoy the rest of the day.
BREL

Post by BREL »

Got my eyescreening on the 23rd dec 2021 haven't had one since before the lock down
Carrera Vengeance 18" frame 27.5" wheels
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

By coincidence, the other day I got the call to see the nit nurse for my diabetes review. The main item will be the regular scolding for not having lost weight and perhaps having gained some. I've aged at least ten years in the last eighteen months or so of lockdown. A couple of years ago I had a bad run of anxiety - nothing like as bad as some people seem to have it but bad enough for me - and I'm not going that way again, if I can help it.

===========================================================
Just received the all-clear. (15 December)