How fast do you reckon this guy was driving?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

How fast was he going?

60 MPH
No votes
70 MPH
29%
80 MPH
29%
90 MPH
29%
100 MPH
14%
110 MPH
No votes

Total votes: 7

Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

This guy went past me tonight. This is probably the fastest I have ever seen a car go past.

I filmed this at 24 FPS and I reckon his car is moving about 5 feet per frame, which if it is then he's doing about 80 MPH... through a residential area. I know it's a wide road with no one on it (except me) but come on.

The speed limit on this road is 30 MPH!

The sign saying 30 MPH leading to the section this car went past is at the following coordinates, paste it into Google Earth and put it on street view to see. He was heading West.
53°26'23.71" N 2°03'04.70" W

We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.
Aikon

Post by Aikon »

We have Operation Snap locally, worth checking if you have similar, a driver has been prosecuted for the offence of driving in excess of the 30 mph speed limit, for travelling at approximately 90mph, using a cyclists video footage: https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/ne ... ne-1344510
Aikon

Re: How fast do you reckon this guy was driving?

Post by Aikon »

Additional reporting today of 9 driving bans issued from user submitted footage: Dangerous driving dashcam video in Northamptonshire leads to nine bans https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-59419662
Manc33

Re: How fast do you reckon this guy was driving?

Post by Manc33 »

Looking on Google Earth I think there is something there like a camera but it might not be, I think it's just one of those "You are going X MPH" things that lights up.

I am sure the car was electric since it was quiet considering. I only heard it a second before it zipped past. Being electric would also explain how the hell he accelerated to that speed considering there was a bend not far behind him.

The last speed sign leading to that road...

Camera sign...

We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.