From Bog Rolls to Booze.......

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
audaxjk

From Bog Rolls to Booze.......

Post by audaxjk »

We've had to cope with shortages of flour, bog roll, brake pads, cassettes, etc this last year. No problem, eat something else, clench your buttocks, eek out some extra mileage wear, scavenge spares off other bikes - we'll pull through it.

However......reading in the press today about impending beer, wine and spirit shortages over Christmas. I have this image in my mind of a mass panic stock up of christma booze over the next week, empty shelves etc, followed by households then consuming most of it before christmas actually arrives! A self perpetuating problem if there ever was one.
rotavator

Re: From Bog Rolls to Booze.......

Post by rotavator »

Well the shelves of my local Lidl were well stocked with booze, chocolates, cake, Christmas pudding and plenty of other diabetes inducing fodder this morning so I for one am not panicking!
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

There are always gaps on the shelves in my local Tesco these days, but which products tends to vary.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
pwa

Post by pwa »

A shortage of wine could force me to live a healthier life, so that cloud might have a silver lining.........
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

I have yet to experience a shortage of anything. Big supermarkets seemed to run out of certain things but out on my rides were the local Spars , Happy Shoppers etc and one could always find stuff in them. The main Spar distribution depot is nearby, perhaps that helps? Also, we never shopped on line for home delivery, always in person.
Did a couple of Iceland home deliveries recently as an experiment, nothing was missing or substituted.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......