cookery gems on iPlayer

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
simonineaston

cookery gems on iPlayer

Post by simonineaston »

As regular readers of this august forum may recall, I don't buy a licence for watching telly, but some of my chums are keen cooks and are happy to splash the cash and I have the book... but the Take Away is this: for ages Rick Stein's management company have controlled release of his many food programmes, made with the late, great David Pritchard, with a rod of iron, on account of his income stream from the books, I imagine.
However for reasons I don't quite understand, there's a ton of the old cookery series popping up on BBC's iPlayer at the mo' - including Stein's excellent Indian Odessey. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys - or indeed, think they know about - curries, their origins and the varieties (infinite, by the looks of it!).
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Paulatic

Re: cookery gems on iPlayer

Post by Paulatic »

Without a licence I assume you missed out "I am told they are on iplayer". :D
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

I get what you are saying, but was there when the programme was played - excellent viewing on my mate's iPad, while at pub !!
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Ah, is that the bloke who owns all the fish restaurants in Padstow and buys all his fish from Newlyn?