Rechargeable Batteries

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Rechargeable Batteries

Post by Mick F »

I have loads of Eneloop NiMh AA and AAA batteries. Used in many devices here, including bike lights.

Recently bought a device that doesn't work with them. Probably due to the voltage issue as NiMH has only 1.2v output.

Question:
Are there any rechargeable batteries that have 1.5v output?
Mick F. Cornwall
Jdsk

Re: Rechargeable Batteries

Post by Jdsk »

Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Having done some research, it just isn't worth it.
I have loads of rechargeable batteries, most don't get used but I re-charge and swap them about.
Clocks, torches, Garmin Montana, battery lights for the bike and for the automatic ones in the house, remote controls, wireless mouse and keyboard ................ quite a long list.

As for special ones with 1.5v ......... forget it.
I'll buy packs of disposables from Lidl or the Pound Shop.
Mick F. Cornwall
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Mick F wrote: 8 Dec 2021, 9:11am Having done some research, it just isn't worth it.
I have loads of rechargeable batteries, most don't get used but I re-charge and swap them about.
Clocks, torches, Garmin Montana, battery lights for the bike and for the automatic ones in the house, remote controls, wireless mouse and keyboard ................ quite a long list.

As for special ones with 1.5v ......... forget it.
I'll buy packs of disposables from Lidl or the Pound Shop.
What's the downside of those lithium rechargeable batteries if you really want 1.5 V?

Thanks

Jonathan
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

This is surely in the wrong bit of the forum for this question if a good response is needed?

Tech or does anyone know?

(I only ended up here wandering if there was anything on Boris's christmas party micturate take)
Sweep
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I asked it here because it isn't a bike-related subject, but a general battery question.
It could have been to do with our grandson's remote control car! :D

All the other sections are to do with cycling ......... except for Fun and Games of course.
Mick F. Cornwall