TdF '08-Tour de Bore?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
hamster

Post by hamster »

Well, the link between abusing Testosterone and Liver Cancer is fairly established, but it's still being injected by bodybuilders and athletes...Floyd Landis for one.

Agreed with the "won't happen to me thing"..I cancelled my medical insurance and got diagnosed with cancer 4 months later.

But I'm still around 4 years later :wink: thankyou NHS!
glueman

Post by glueman »

Didn't watch this years tour but I used to be glued to the telly. I repeat what I said on here recently - the TdF is at the very limits of human endurance. Without artificial stimulants the only way you'll win it is by being the person who paces themselves most successfully. That isn't a receipe for spectacle and if taken to its logical conclusion a Tour is exactly what it'll become. The TdF has been dirty for decades including many historic, heroic performances. Even so the future has to be in a clean race and I agree, take their radios away. I'd also alternate it between a climber's, sprinter's and rouler's course year on year.
commuter world

Post by commuter world »

patmac wrote:
It is going to be deeply deeply ironic, is it not, to see cycling, with generations of doping in various forms, going'clean', while every other sport in the world gets dirtier and dirtier.

slight exageration there n'est ce pas?
this is why events unerve me
Pilotlight

Post by Pilotlight »

Boring tour= relatively clean tour, no "super-human" efforts.

I enjoyed it but then the Tour can be very predictable.
Edward

Post by Edward »

True that Pilotlight, but I enjoyed watching that Austrian guy. Could be promising for the future.
GPL

Post by GPL »

could cycling, under its own rules and regs, have fallen like other sports into a favouring of the defensives? how many football teams sit back and hope to hit on the counter? baseline tennis players waiting for the mistake? a capable cycling team now feels confident of protecting a minute lead over a three week event. i really dont know enough about cycling to offer solutions but the tour looks as sterile as a competition could ever become. doesn't ever stop me watching it though, its stunning. suppose all sports yearn for a immortal.