What motivates you to get out on ya bike?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
JohnW

Re: What motivates you to get out on ya bike?

Postby JohnW » 25 Aug 2008, 7:08pm

Manx Cat wrote:Apart from fantastic sunshine, and no wind that is...

what motivates you???

Mary

Waking up!

sir_lozz

Postby sir_lozz » 26 Aug 2008, 10:30am

Eastenders followed by another soap. amazing how far you can go in an hour when that tosh is on the box!

I love to ride to work. I don't find that it is a hassle or a huge effort, more a special part of the day that i get to myself to think about things and enjoy the views, nature and the changing scenery. (also makes a hangover handily disappear!!) Hard to put into words but i really do enjoy the half hour or so journey to and from work.

i keep a log of all my rides and love to record all the distances that i have done. i then look back on this and feel an immense sense of satisfaction at the miles covered. This August has been my first 1000mile month, what a feeling.
real men don't need engines

JohnW

Postby JohnW » 26 Aug 2008, 6:24pm

sir_lozz wrote: This August has been my first 1000mile month, what a feeling.

And how do you like underwater cycling then? - now that you've obviously tried it.

thirdcrank

Postby thirdcrank » 26 Aug 2008, 6:26pm

JohnW

Yes: why else do you suppose there is a current thread about towing a surfboard behind a bike? Actually, it won't be long before there's a thread about towing a bike behind a surfboard.......

JohnW

Postby JohnW » 26 Aug 2008, 6:33pm

thirdcrank wrote:JohnW

Yes: why else do you suppose there is a current thread about towing a surfboard behind a bike? Actually, it won't be long before there's a thread about towing a bike behind a surfboard.......

That made me laugh tc!

sir_lozz

Postby sir_lozz » 27 Aug 2008, 5:02pm

And how do you like underwater cycling then? - now that you've obviously tried it.[/quote]

i went to France for the majority of it!
real men don't need engines

Dee Jay

Postby Dee Jay » 27 Aug 2008, 6:21pm

Motivation!! I'll give you motivation!!

I am feeling so delighted! I have just been out for my second ride in three days.

Today I did 9 miles - nearly doubling my effort on Monday. But, today was different: today I was on my own. And today, I didn't dismount when anybody drove past me, I just kept going, like a proper cyclist. AND I managed two of the hills I didn't manage on Monday.

I'm jolly pleased!
Dee

workhard

Postby workhard » 27 Aug 2008, 9:29pm

Dee Jay wrote:I'm jolly pleased!

so you should be, you go girl! :D

As for me - two things; a) I'm brassic and I need to get to work every day and it is way cheaper than driving and b) for leisure/fitness cycling I've just started the cycle quest as a motivator to avoid the aimless (re)riding of the same old circuit around the town.

morris dancer

Postby morris dancer » 27 Aug 2008, 11:07pm

i do not get out on my bike as much as i would like so when i do it's a bonus. i am lucky that my daughter ( who is 8) is also keen to get out, she doesn't even seem to mind if it is raining... that's my girl

my son ( who nearly 5) goes on the tag-along and loves it.

we did 17 miles on monday with a group from sustrans and they loved it. i suggested sustrans organise ( the leader is in our CTC group which helps) more ride so the children can ride in groups again

morris dancer

Postby morris dancer » 27 Aug 2008, 11:09pm

oops the 8) should read 8 , but i am sure she would like to think of herself as cool aswell :)