has anyone seen.........

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
tb

has anyone seen.........

Post by tb »

a tricycle ?

I've not seen one for years.

OK they're not best suited to London roads but I used to see them regularly and mostly with older folk onboard and I often imagined myself on one in later years ( assuming I get there ! )
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

yep come oup norf plenty of trikes around (well a few) and even time trials dedicated to them.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

I've got three!

1 Catrike Recumbent
1 Powabike trike for my MiL
1 Tandem Trike
mike

has abyone seen

Post by mike »

Got past by two trikes last week over the South Downs.
mhara

Post by mhara »

Saw a modified tricycle yesterday, when I was getting onto the Plymouth to Exeter train.
I had my Brompton, and the man getting on before me was on a tricycle with an extended front wheel.
The 'pedals' were up at hand-height since his legs were disabled.
He used the wheelchair ramp to get onto the train, which was then handy for me to push the Brompton up before folding it.
Si

Post by Si »

a bloke in our section rides one - a converted road bike.

used to see another round north brum a lot - bloke used to ride it to the gym but not seen him for a while
morris dancer

Post by morris dancer »

i have got an old pashley trike with child seats...invaluable for shopping, going to the gym and even putting the youngest in. i would be lost without it! had it 5 years now

couldn't believe it, brought it out of the local paper less than a week after i thought about buying one...it was meant to be :)
Firebird

Tricycles

Post by Firebird »

We had an elderly gentleman who rode one round here. Sadly I have to report that he was knocked off it and killed in recent weeks, somewhere in Leigh.

I like the look of them though. Ideal for carrying the shopping on local trips!
piscisvisio

Post by piscisvisio »

I know someone in Telford, who bought a Pashely trike so she could take her two pugs along for the ride :D
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

What happened the classic trikes I used to see old men on when I wer a lad? You know the ones, usually black with some sort of 'bread bin' for a carrier on the back.
Can you still buy them?
piscisvisio

Post by piscisvisio »

kwackers wrote:What happened the classic trikes I used to see old men on when I wer a lad? You know the ones, usually black with some sort of 'bread bin' for a carrier on the back.
Can you still buy them?

These are the only ones I know to,
http://www.pashley.co.uk/products/picador.html
http://www.pashley.co.uk/products/loadstar.html
workhard

Post by workhard »

there's a longstaff tandem trike for sale on eBay.... so I guess Nottinghamshire folk must see them from time to time.[/url]
morris dancer

Post by morris dancer »

i know a couple of local notts riders with longstaff tandem trikes...i wonder whos selling...too tricky for me though...had a go once..scary :!: :shock:

and they raced them...gulp ( oops clarify...raced on them ) :)