Strictly - a man's year this time round?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
LowPlainsDrifter

Post by LowPlainsDrifter »

Why would anyone watch such crap is beyond me.
I'm so glad its finished. You couldn't get away from it in all the papers, pluggin it on tv all the time every time you switched the damn thing on.
Of all the more important things going on in the UK and the World each day this f-ing drivel was on the main news all the time!!!
I'd rather have a pint of maggots shoved up my rear and my head put in a blender than have to sit and watch crap like that and the X Factor and all the other tripe. As for Big brother I wished some deranged person escaped from the looney bin would wander in and slaughter the lot.
There I feel better now. :lol:
zero population growth.
no to the rat race thanks.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Glamour and the beautiful dresses, it is entertainment after all and some cheering up does no harm to anyone. :lol:

I don't immerse myself in it, ie the papers, the weekeday shows, it is totally possible to avoid the worst excesses of it. Just do not read those types of papers.

Yes there are more important things going on in the world, but nothing wrong with some light relief. There are some things that will never change; world financial collapse (well not until we get rid of greedy bankers (flying pig emoticon)), and starving repressed Africans, again until we get rid of corrupt african regimes (more flying pigs).
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

I agree with both Low Plains Drifter and Eileithyia, in various ways: I do love dance of all descriptions, and I do love sequins and glitz and glamour. However, I would really prefer to see ordinary folks, rather celebrities take part in this competition, as I do loathe celebrity culture.

I also think that all contestants should be banned from using the words 'my incredible journey', 'a dream come true', 'the best Christmas present ... ever', 'the best partner/mentor', or variations thereof, as I found *that* completely tedious.

I only watched small amounts of both 'Strictly ...' and 'X-Factor', with the children, but it was always to the accompaniment of my husband sounding rather like you, LPD. :D Mr Dee Jay is an old-fashioned sort of bloke - a '76 punk rocker - who always reminds me that the best thing about recessions is that the best music is always produced during times of adversity.

Bring it on!
Dee
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Hi DJ yes the speeches are all just too too tedious and a bit too sickly for my taste, tend to just switch off.

Perhaps we should offer ourselves forward for next year, would love to learn to dance like that.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

Ooh, me too! Now, there's an idea ..... :idea:
Dee
LowPlainsDrifter

I couldn't resist, this time of year brings out the humbug in me. :lol:
Oh hang on, I'm like that all the time. Oh well. 8)
I do find programs like I mentioned dross though.
zero population growth.
patricktaylor

Post by patricktaylor »

At least there's more to be said for singing and dancing than there is for rotting in the Big Brother 'household'.
LowPlainsDrifter

patricktaylor wrote:At least there's more to be said for singing and dancing than there is for rotting in the Big Brother 'household'.

Yes. Hence the wish for the slaughter in the household! :twisted:
zero population growth.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Think I watched 5 mins of BB once just to find out what everyone was on about.........
And I never watch soaps.