Melissa Theuriau. Worlds best newsreader?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Mick F wrote:She's pretty.

Anything else to say?

She's got an MA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A9lissa_Theuriau

wikipedia wrote:In March 2007, she launched, with five other journalists (Claire Chazal, Marie Drucker, Laurence Ferrari, Béatrice Schönberg, and Tina Kieffer), the organization “La Rose”, which works with UNICEF to help educate girls.

To be fair to her, looking like that it can't be easy to be taken seriously.
ncutler

Post by ncutler »

kwackers wrote:To be fair to her, looking like that it can't be easy to be taken seriously.

But she doesn't look like that: the pictures are an artefact of makeup, lighting & pose. That look is a conscious choice; either hers or the publicity machine with which she has decided to cooperate.

People can't help looking the way they do. They can help adopting an image, and in my view that particular image helps to promote a sexist & unfair society.

One could also ask a few questions about 'news as information to help people connect with society and make for fairness and progress' as opposed to 'news as entertainment to keep people in their place while we rake in the loot regardless'.

Ho hum, and this is supposed to be a cycling forum ...

Nick
2Tubs

Post by 2Tubs »

Si wrote:Bit hard to say how good at her job she is from just a picture

I think she's brilliant.

And I've only ever seen that picture, never saw or heard of her before.

>;o)

Gazza
Why not Look at Sheila's Wheelers E2E Journal
Or My Personal Site
Or My Tweets
Whatever you do, buy fair trade.
And smile.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

ncutler wrote:Ho hum, and this is supposed to be a cycling forum ...

Nick

It is the tea room...
glueman

Post by glueman »

Not sure why people have a downer on beauty, it's a rare enough commodity. Some people are born with brains to unpick the universe, some are predisposed for athletic prowess but you rarely hear, 'ah but you only know that because you have an enlarged cerebrum or they have an unfair amount of twitch muscle fibre.'

She looks fine to me, though a little heavy on the lipgloss. I'd need to know if she can do a decent Yorkshire pudding or put up with me fettling in the kitchen before trading in the current Mrs Glue.
I suspect Christa Ackroyd pulls a better pint of Taylor's too.
pigman

Post by pigman »

thirdcrank wrote:Is that blue thing on the handlebars a bike lamp pointing at her knees?

yes, its one of those clip-on lights supplied by decathlon, like on my kids bike that CJ wants including on all bikes at point of purchase :wink: . Now redundant like half the country's estate agents.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

because you have an enlarged cerebrum or they have an unfair amount of twitch muscle fibre.'

Now do we take that at face value or is it a smutty euphemism?
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

pigman

Thanks for that. I'm still not sure why it should be pointing at her knees - perhaps it's a bit like these cars that have raised suspension and red lamps underneath to create an effect in the dark :?:

glueman

Are you winding me up? :? And patronising for Yorkshire we have ....

You have convinced me at a stroke of the qualities of Mlle Theuriau. (i.e She has probably never heard of H. Bird.)
pigman

Post by pigman »

thirdcrank wrote:pigman

Thanks for that. I'm still not sure why it should be pointing at her knees - perhaps it's a bit like these cars that have raised suspension and red lamps underneath to create an effect in the dark :?:

cos it just clips on (no bolt to hold the bracket). The top-heavy weight just flips it over.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Hmm - I suppose if somebody's legs are going to be lit up in the dark, hers are as good as anybody's and a lot better than mine.
glueman

Post by glueman »

thirdcrank wrote:Are you winding me up?

Slightly. Though Christa does have a luminous quality. Perhaps she's mildly radioactive? I liked Cathy Killick but suspect Mrs Ackroyd may have eaten her because she hasn't been seen for a while.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Who's she kissing?
Mick F. Cornwall
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Mick F wrote:
Who's she kissing?

Me, she knew I was watching (and has a thing for older men - I hope).
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Mick F wrote:Image

Who's she kissing?

Felicity Kendal?
Wildduck

Post by Wildduck »

Did someone mention Felicity Kendall? :wink:
Trice Q 2007 in inky blue (Quackers)
Bacchetta Corsa 26 ATT (The Mad Weeble)
Cube SL Team Cross (Rubberduckzilla)
Homebaked tourer (The Duck's Dream)