Christmas

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mansfield Marauder

Merry Christmas

Post by Mansfield Marauder »

Just a line to thank everyone for there very helpful advice throughout the year and again Merry Christmas and a safe new year new years res do more cycling hopefully now I have gone clipless it will be easier Ha, Ha.
Mansfield Moon Flea
May all your rides be punctureless
noonoosdad

Post by noonoosdad »

:D Over the past few years I have found Christmas to be a very, very stressful time with the sudden death of a Brother in Law and last year my Step-father.
I hope in future years I will learn to enjoy this time of the year more and perhaps chill out a bit.
Next week is just a normal week for me and I shall be working all over the festivities and into the New Year, and I will be looking forward to cycling into work as normal also.
For everyone else who is off or perhaps having to work, may I wish you and all your families a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New 2009 !!!!
In the words of Jacques Cousteau," Il est tout mon cul et Betty Grable !"
Beakyboy

Post by Beakyboy »

In the words of Jacques Cousteau," Il est tout mon cul et Betty Grable" translates I think to "it is all my bottom and Betty Grable". Would this be correct?

If so then I don't understand, maybe its my age! :lol:
May the wind always be at your rear!
patricktaylor

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by patricktaylor »

Mansfield Marauder wrote:Just a line to thank everyone for there very helpful advice throughout the year and again Merry Christmas and a safe new year ...

Seconded. Have a pleasant Christmas everyone, and best wishes for the New Year - only 12 days away :)
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

Have a great Christmas everyone. Eat and drink well, and think of the calories you can burn off in the new year! I've asked FC for a pair of panniers :lol:
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
noonoosdad

Post by noonoosdad »

Beakyboy wrote:In the words of Jacques Cousteau," Il est tout mon cul et Betty Grable" translates I think to "it is all my bottom and Betty Grable". Would this be correct?

This is just one on my little 'throw away' sayings with a slight change of the word bottom to another which was one of Father Jack Hackett's favourites. I don't think the French have a translation for the word A**e.
In the words of Jacques Cousteau," Il est tout mon cul et Betty Grable !"
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

We went Wassailing yesterday at the gardens at Cothele House on the banks of the River Tamar.

Wassail comes from the Saxon words meaning "being of good health". It's customary at this time of year to stand on the ancient land and celebrate the Earth's cycles, the renewal of life and hopes for a good harvest in the next growing season.

Apples symbolise the abundance and bounty and life-blood of the land.

The solstice is the lowest point of the year - the shortest day, but also signifies the start of the new solar year and the rebirth, the beginning of the cycle of life all over again.

We trooped through the gardens to the strains of music and dance, must've been 200 of us to bless the oldest tree and chase out the evil spirits and encourage Mother Nature do her stuff, then went to the youngest tree to do the same. Great fun and spectacle. We all brought pots and pans, drums, whistles, and anything we could think of to make as much noise as possible to wake up the Earth. Deafening!

Have a wonderful, happy, healthy, and fantastic Christmas everybody!

Seasons Greetings from all of us here to all of you there.
Mick F. Cornwall
nosmo king

Post by nosmo king »

Straight out of the Wicker Man!
( Christopher Lee version of course!)
Beakyboy

Post by Beakyboy »

Hey mick, what was the tree and how old?
May the wind always be at your rear!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Sorry, can't remember.

All the trees have a label on them describing their variety and origin. The oldest must be 100ish or even more, the youngest (in the new orchard) is only 18inches high and not a lot more than a stick! It also has a label.

The Youngest Tree being serenaded prior to being anointed with a splash of cider!
Mick F. Cornwall
PW

Post by PW »

"A woman, a dog and an apple tree,
The more you beat 'em the better they be."

:wink:

No I didn't make it up! :lol:
If at first you don't succeed - cheat!!
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Merry Christmas everyone!

Having handed my notice in, I'm off now until the 19th to stop me stealing valuable source code or other employees!
Mmmm, free holidays...

Then my commute becomes 13 miles each way instead of my 3.5 currently!
I think the nobblies will be coming off my MB and a new cassette with closer gearing until I get a new BTW bike. :wink:

All the best everyone.
spinner_43

'Il est mon... '

Post by spinner_43 »

Beakyboy wrote:In the words of Jacques Cousteau," Il est tout mon cul et Betty Grable" translates I think to "it is all my bottom and Betty Grable". Would this be correct?

Bearing in mind that Cousteau was a lone sailor, and Betty Grable a pin-up of yesteryear, I suspect that he meant that he did a good deal of, how shall I phrase it, one-handed sailing...

Alan.
---------------------------------------------------------
Doctor: 'Stay in bed, keep warm and drink plenty of liquids.'
Patient: 'I can't drink anything else !'
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Merry Christmas everyone,

Alan that is very naughty...... :roll: :lol:
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
Edwards

Post by Edwards »

Merry Christmas.
All the best for the New Year
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar