Medical query UPDATED Anaemia/Heart/Breathing.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
leftpoole

Re: Medical query UPDATED Anaemia/Heart/Breathing.

Post by leftpoole »

Hello Mary
hB count now-12.5 so looking good. Next camera session is late May I believe.
I must admit to trying a little harder than I should-its the frustration you know!
I will post updates as and when available, but just now appart from it being rather colder today, I am feeling much better.
Thanks for your input.
John.
Last edited by leftpoole on 26 Mar 2009, 8:50am, edited 1 time in total.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Glad to hear you are responding to the iron therapy, keep up the good work.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

Will you need to follow a particular diet for the h. hernia or the reflux at all?

Hello,
Yes I am taking for life it appears, Omaprazole. They work too!!!
John.
hondated

Post by hondated »

Well,well , just shows you its always worth searching before starting a new thread as this covers the issue I seem to have.
Suffered from Hiatal Hernia Acid Reflux for some time now and just recently because meds do not seem to be working went to see my GP. After a pleasant chat I more or less had to demand a blood test. Which is just as well because the result is i have markers for the dreaded, but it doesn't mean I have got it but what I do have is what John had Anaemia.
Now I didnt know too much about this with regards cycling and I was loathe to Goggle it until I needed to but now I dont need to because of this thread.
What prompted me to search the forum is that yesterday I climbed two hills which I normally do fairly easily but at the top of both I more or less collapsed and I just couldn't understand why.
So it was interesting to read of Johns experience of this and to learn its having a low blood count that is giving me a lack of energy.
Having a n Endoscopy & Colonoscopy on thursday so hopefully they will find nothing sinister and I too will be placed on a course of iron tablets.
And at least now I know that even those may take some time to replace the energy I need so badly.