cycling and drinking

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
peter236uk

cycling and drinking

Post by peter236uk »

I see Boris is in a spot of bother when on radio 4 he stated that he see no problem whatsoever in drinking a pint or tow while cycling' I have to share his view that I also often enjoy a pint of two or perhaps three when riding.
:D
paulah

Re: cycling and drinking

Post by paulah »

I hardly ever drink, and never when driving, but I can't see what the problem is with a couple of drinks when cycling. It's hardly enough to have people weaving over the road and seeing double.
There shall be only one pannier
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Not recomended.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
mw3230

Post by mw3230 »

I'm not a great beer drinker but there is something special about that pint which you've earned after a long day in the saddle! (and if some wish to enjoy a pint en route then why not - a little of what you fancy etc...)
Retired and loving it
Neil Fat Man On A Bike

Post by Neil Fat Man On A Bike »

At least it helps with navigation..... :wink:
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

reohn2 wrote:Not recomended.

have you a funny tale to tell? 8)
numbnut

Post by numbnut »

The biggest problem after my mate and I stop for a lunchtime pint and a sarnie on our Sunday outings is the Beer Legs when you start to ride again! That said we never have a lot, and not at all if we have to drive back afterwards with the bikes in the car.

N
jan19

Post by jan19 »

I see Boris is in a spot of bother

why does that not surprise me? (heaves heavy sigh...)

Jan
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

hubgearfreak wrote:
reohn2 wrote:Not recomended.

have you a funny tale to tell? 8)

No but I have one or two sad ones.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I tend not to drink when I'm out on the bike. That's not to say I don't drink when I get back to the local!

Yesterday, for instance. I passed quite a few pubs on my ride. I left at 11, so whizzing past all these lovely country inns with drinkers sitting out in the sunshine - yes, it did come out! - was difficult but not impossible.

I made it back to the village after 38 miles in the hills, and stopped in for three pints of Keltic Magic, then rode the half-mile home.

Super stuff.
Mick F. Cornwall
peter236uk

Post by peter236uk »

I think it depends on how you feel really and the mood I never drink and drive but do a like a pint or two if I was just out for a nice ride in the country then I might stop for a pint and almost always do if somewhere new as this gives me a chance to find out about local life to some exten interesting bits of history etc.

I rode along the canal path in Wolverhampton the other week I have been going there for a number of years on and off for work but really never explored very much and sat in the hotel bar having a drink or watching tv etc in the evening.

Anyway rode along the towpath out to Tipton way on my Brompton found a little pub near the canal and nice cheap meal also learned some of the history about he pub and its use some many years ago for bare knuckle fighting and also spoke with an old chap that worked the canal all his life to me that was a really enjoyable evening and couple of pints.