Cat Pee

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Cat Pee

Post by Mick F »

Nice eh?

We have a teenage female pussy-cat called Seska. She's a good girl really, and is sweet and gentle and good company, but as usual, cats have strange toilet habits.

I came home soaking wet last Wednesday ( see my thread about waterproof socks! ) and my shoes sort of dried out overnight. I noticed a strange smell a day or two ago, and traced it to my cycling shoes - cat pee!

The little tyke had weed in them!

This morning, the smell was ok, and I went out for a ride. Taking them off this afternoon, the smell was awful! Shoes, insoles and socks went straight into the washing machine. My shoes have never been in a washing machine before!

The trouble was, the smell followed me about. It was my feet! I couldn't wait to get into a bath!

Has anyone else suffered from cat pee?
Mick F. Cornwall
Velorum

Re: Cat Pee

Post by Velorum »

Many times.

Im afraid that ist ulikely that you will be able to get rid of the smell as far as your shoes go.

Where we used to live two of mine kept peeing on one particular area of carpet. Ive no idea why. Citrus gels, silver paper etc did not deter them. I replaced the carpet twice before we moved.

One of the reasons I regared cats as a PITA Im afraid!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

She must fancy you Mick :shock:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

Try cutting an onion in half and leaving it in your shoes overnight, They're supposed to be good for getting rid of nasty niffs.
Cat pee Phworrr

Malc
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Cheesy feet and onion shoes?
Sounds quite good!

I don't think I'm going to get rid of the smell. The insoles are ok and so are the socks, but the shoes are still whiffy.
Mick F. Cornwall
anniesboy

Post by anniesboy »

Mick F wrote:Nice eh?

We have a teenage female pussy-cat called Seska.

Rename Sealskin?
Anura

Post by Anura »

I know all about cat pee. We call our 12 year old Siamese 'Squirtalot' as we got him 3rd hand. He is of a nervous disposition which means if he's upset - he backs up against something, either curtains, sofa, Video/Virgin box etc, all of which now are encased in polythene, apart from the curtains. Just have to keep washing. Woolen crewel work curtains at great expense don't take kindly to being washed!

It started when the neighbour across the road practically gutted the house & there was a lot of banging, walloping & many large vans there. It doesn't seem to have stopped. I have had to close the cat flap, as other cats were coming in, thus making ours stress his territory even more.

If we weren't both so dotty on the thing, he'd have to go. However, my husband's just as soft on him as me. He also makes a good hot water bottle. :oops:
Spinners

Post by Spinners »

Our cat (Tanya... bless) is of a similar vintage to yours MickF and has been a good girl recently after a bad spell of weeing, quite often on anything 'new' brought into the house. I can remember having some CTT direction arrows stood just inside the front door and the little cow must of widdled on them the night before I chucked them in the boot of the car to take them to a race. Stunk the car out for days :?

Not quite as bad as a tomcat mind...
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)