Wishing everyone a wonderful 2010!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Colin63

Re: Wishing everyone a wonderful 2010!

Post by Colin63 »

That must have been fun... My head feels like it's in a vice. It's very very cold outside. I'm going back to bed.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

... and I'm going for a walk in the sunshine. I don't feel well enough to get the bike out ....

Just had a slice of toast and another cuppa. I'm going to give it half an hour to see whether they stay down .....
Mick F. Cornwall
AlanD

Post by AlanD »

Happy New year everyone!

Wherever you are, wishing you all the best for this new year, whether you choose to call it two thousand and ten, two-oh-one-oh, or twenty-ten.

It's a beautiful day, so we are probably recording the concert from Vienna and catching some Sun & fresh air for a stroll.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Happy New year everyone.

Hmm starting it by kissing everyone is a two-edged sword, the potential for spreading a huge number of bugs around ...........yeuk
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
Si

Post by Si »

I managed to stop myself entering the off licence on the way home last night, and after a quiet night in watching a DVD we went to bed at 11.45.

Perhaps this sounds boring, but it did wonders for my bike ride this mourning. Beautiful weather, still a thick frost and patches of ice and snow around, very few cars and lots of happy people on foot or bike.
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Just to add my HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone.

2009 was a great year cycling wise for me, not least due to the consistent inspiration and interest provided by this excellent forum.

Thanks to you all!

David
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Mick F wrote:... and I'm going for a walk in the sunshine. I don't feel well enough to get the bike out ....
Just had a slice of toast and another cuppa. I'm going to give it half an hour to see whether they stay down .....

No, they didn't stay down, and all I've done all day is slob on the settee. This comes from mixing beer and wine!

Actually, Daughter1 is in St Mary's in Manchester and has gone into labour, so soon, hopefully, I'll be a granddad!
Due to my hung over day, I can't see me wetting the babies head for a few more days yet!
Mick F. Cornwall
nosmo king

Post by nosmo king »

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone. Had a drive round Snowdon today. A real winter wonderland with snow covered mountains. Even Llyn Ogwen had frozen over!
Colin63

Post by Colin63 »

I'm just making myself a sandwich which will be all I've eaten today. I've slobbed around watching DVDs all day. I'm starting to feel better now though, and I've put the telescope up in the garden to do some astronomy as the air is so clear. But I think it will be an early night tonight and then back to business tomorrow. A few phone calls have given me the news that I'm not the only one suffering from the party last night. At my age I just can't seem to hack it anymore.
It was a grand blow out to what has been a bit of a grim year for me, and despite feeling rough today I'm really looking forward to 2010. I may start preliminary plans for LEJoG tomorrow.
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

OK :) happy new year everyone

Malc
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Thanks for all your good wishes, and I'd like to reciprocate them all.

We kept up our club tradition by cycling to our New Years Eve do at a club members house.
It was wonderful cycling under the bright Blue Moon, down some quiet back lanes and finishing off with a spin around Milford Marina.

Went out for a ride today, scouting out a route for Mrs. Copy's club ride on Sunday.
Set off under crystal clear blue skies and watched an amazing snow shower over the Irish Sea. Just as we got into the cafe at Whitesands it deviated inland and came down on us. Luckily it soon cleared and we cut the ride short.
Just got home and we had a real dollop of snow. Currently have a good covering here, which might last for a couple of days given the temperature.
Hope you all get off to a good start to the year and enjoy a healthy 2010.

Cheers,
Fausto.