Manx Cat....

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
eileithyia

Manx Cat....

Postby eileithyia » 22 Jan 2010, 8:24am

...is she buried in a snow drift? Not heard from her recently.
Hope you're ok Mary?
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells

Edwards

Re: Manx Cat....

Postby Edwards » 22 Jan 2010, 8:54am

Manx Cat was rightly upset about a reply to a question she asked. I do not think she has been back since, such a shame.
Mary's topics and posts were always good helpful and incredibly inspirational. Coming across as a caring nice person. The type I would dearly love to call a friend.

I HOPE SHE POSTS SOON
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 22 Jan 2010, 9:29am

Edwards wrote:Manx Cat was rightly upset about a reply to a question she asked. I do not think she has been back since, such a shame.
Mary's topics and posts were always good helpful and incredibly inspirational. Coming across as a caring nice person. The type I would dearly love to call a friend.

I HOPE SHE POSTS SOON

I was only last night thinking about her not posting,I too hope she posts soon.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Si

Postby Si » 22 Jan 2010, 10:41am

+1 to the above.

Having been pointed at what _may_ have upset Mary can I apologise on behalf of the mods if you, Mary, felt that you were unfairly treated and were not supported by us. I'm afraid that we can't read every post on every thread, and so tend to skip over some, especially if they are started by valued members of the forum who we see as the least likely to court controversy.

Thus, I would remind everyone that if you ever feel hard done by then please inform the mods rather than feeling that you have to retire from the forum because of one regrettable but isolated incident. We generally will not allow offensive behaviour, especially when the target had done nothing what-so-ever to merit such treatment.

eileithyia

Postby eileithyia » 22 Jan 2010, 11:17am

So has she left the forum, a pm would not send earlier.

Does no one have her "proper" email so we can invite her back/show our support for her cycling and wonderful tails of being awheel.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells

Deckie

Postby Deckie » 22 Jan 2010, 11:43am

It is a great shame if true. I enjoyed Mary's descriptions of her rides & progress from absolute beginner to having the Manx Audax route accepted.

She really has been an inspiration.

If you're still looking in Mary, please say hello! :wink:
Richard & Joules JoGLE for Marie Curie - 14 to 28 May 2010
http://www.richardjoulesjogle.blogspot.com

Si

Postby Si » 22 Jan 2010, 12:13pm

eileithyia wrote:So has she left the forum, a pm would not send earlier.

She is still registetered and can accept PMs. Are you sure that it's not just that your PM is sat in your out-tray as she's not logged on to read it yet? They only move from the out tray when they have been read at the other end.

Edwards

Postby Edwards » 22 Jan 2010, 12:19pm

If Pms fail.Would it be against forum rules for a Moderator to email her at her address. Is so could you lease tell her she is missed and greatly respected by a good number of people here.
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar

mw3230

Postby mw3230 » 22 Jan 2010, 1:43pm

If Manx Cat is watching - as I suspect she may be - then all the good wishes will be received by her. If that is the case and she has seen the hopes that she 're-posts', but is still not participating then we must surely respect that decision
Retired and loving it

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 22 Jan 2010, 2:46pm

I know someone who has her email address, and I have asked him to send a message.

My fingers are crossed.
Mick F. Cornwall

ferrit worrier

Postby ferrit worrier » 22 Jan 2010, 5:52pm

Si wrote:
eileithyia wrote:So has she left the forum, a pm would not send earlier.

She is still registetered and can accept PMs. Are you sure that it's not just that your PM is sat in your out-tray as she's not logged on to read it yet? They only move from the out tray when they have been read at the other end.

Hi Si

I'd noticed her absence a few days ago and tried a PM but it bounced back!

Malc
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.

jan19

Postby jan19 » 22 Jan 2010, 7:16pm

This is very sad - I'm another who always enjoyed her posts and we've exchanged a few PMs in our time.

I don't know which post upset her - the last one of hers I replied to was the one about Albert getting a wee bit tubby.

I think I'm right in saying others have left for a bit and then re-joined so I hope she's either just a bit busy at the moment (and her health has been a bit of concern to her lately hasn't it?) or will realise one post is irrelevant when compared to the majority of nice ones.

Hope the person who upset her doesn't post again!

Jan

eileithyia

Postby eileithyia » 22 Jan 2010, 10:01pm

No the PM is not in my outbox as unread, I put "manx cat into the address, hit send and it did not go, I got a message saying the recipient not found or some such and on reviewing the pm there was no address in the address slot, so tried again only to get a repeat.

So Manx Cat if you are logging in and reading this, don't let someone upset and force you off the forum, you are better than that and please come back as enjoyed our exchanges both via the forum and pm.

rapidfire72

Postby rapidfire72 » 23 Jan 2010, 12:39am

I thought Manx Cat was a dedicated CTC forum user, I loved her postings, esq about her tours and her lovely Van Nicholis bike. Yes, it's a real shame to hear about happened, I hope she comes back onto the forum. So, Manx Cat, please if you do read this, please, please come back. We need you.

groveller

Postby groveller » 23 Jan 2010, 11:36am

Come on Mary we all miss your posts, and we all hope you are in good health too.