Having kittens

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
bogmyrtle

Re: Having kittens

Post by bogmyrtle »

Don't know if this has been posted before. It's really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q
A bike does more miles to the banana than a Porsche.
Si

Post by Si »

They have arrived.
The house is a wreck.
I'm exhausted.
:P
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

I'm not sure about house cats. Our neighbours had a super honey coloured Persian "house cat" - a real character, name of Max. But they were a young couple, and soon started breeding themselves. Babys and house cats don't seem to mix well, and Max began to spend more time in our house than his own - that was fine by us, our neighbours and our dog, but Max had no experience of the great outdoors, and wasn't street-wise (or lane-wise to be more accurate), and he was run over. There was weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I wouldn't have another cat now - we had two for about 14years - because the ten acres of fields behind our house have all been built on with houses whose owners have three 100mph BMWs each. They don't care about humans, never mind cats.

The one problem that we had, when mixing cats and children, was that the cats and the children had this unholy conspiracy to arrange for the cats to sleep upstairs on childrens' beds, and because of my resistance I became the meanest father in the world, on account of everyone else's dad always letting cats sleep in bedrooms. A likely story I always thought.
Si

Post by Si »

Ah, luckily cats are our limit - no children. And TBH, it's worrying enough being a new daddy of a pair of kittens - I'd never be able stand the trauma of having to be responsible for children!
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Si wrote:............................- I'd never be able stand the trauma of having to be responsible for children!

When your little girl puts her arms around your neck and says "Daddy" - - - - - - the most wonderful thing in the world.

My girls were both born before the Thatcher regime started. I don't believe that this country, or indeed this world, is now fit to bring children in to.

You'll fret for the dangers that lurk for your cats Si - I did the same in my childhood, but my boyhood cat grew up with me and was 19 when he passed on - but they're nothing like the dangers that lurk for today's children.

You'll miss the wonder of being a daddy Si, but you'll also miss the worry of what may be the lot of our children in years to come, and if I was making the decision now, it'd be the same as yours.
Si

Post by Si »

Yes, I have to agree with you. If we did have kids then I'm sure that we'd love the experience, but not having had them I don't have anything to miss. Plus, we have lots of spare money: if we had a child I'd now probably be forking out to send him or her to university, instead I have been able to fork out to send myself back to university :D
sam

Post by sam »

Si wrote:Are busily arguing about names now!

Schrödinger and Mehitabel, wotthehell
Si

Post by Si »

Ah, we went for Parsnip and Banjo in the end.

They had their shots last night and Banjop is feeling sorry for himself - not helped by the fact that Parsnip keeps trying to play wrestling. Am knackered as had to stay up late with them last night to stop Parsnip from harrassing Banjo and getting Freddie Crugered.
mw3230

Post by mw3230 »

Si wrote:Yes, I have to agree with you. If we did have kids then I'm sure that we'd love the experience, but not having had them I don't have anything to miss. Plus, we have lots of spare money: if we had a child I'd now probably be forking out to send him or her to university, instead I have been able to fork out to send myself back to university :D

It is said that what you've never had you never miss. My three have all graduated, cost me many thousands but now they have left home and we've loads of money to spare (well some money to spare) so we have had the pain/pleasure and now the time and funds to enjoy ourselves.

Mind you, I've never fancied a cat - can't see the point of them really (unless you have mice I suppose)

:wink:
Retired and loving it
Anura

Post by Anura »

My cat tells me when it's bed time! He marches up and down like someone old and forgetful but he's not forgetful really. He knows that by 11.30 HE should be in bed and that means me as well.

It's so distracting, I actually do go to bed. He's a lovely old Siamese though and had two homes before I took him over 3 years ago. We both adore him. Oh yes, he's quite a good guard cat too. If he hears a noise in the night, like the cat flap blowing, he growls.