togglechaintour bikes

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
AMC

Re: togglechaintour bikes

Post by AMC »

Ah, yes, point taken...
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

GrahamNR17 wrote:Yes, Contis are very good, but Tim doesn't think anything else exists :roll:

and after we spoke at the we/e of michelin dynamics and twin rails 8)
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

hubgearfreak wrote:
GrahamNR17 wrote:Yes, Contis are very good, but Tim doesn't think anything else exists :roll:

and after we spoke at the we/e of michelin dynamics and twin rails 8)

Well yes, apart from those, obviously..... :oops:
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

i know that schwalbe has it's fans, i'm just not one of them & i'm sorry if i've offended any
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

hubgearfreak wrote:i know that schwalbe has it's fans, i'm just not one of them & i'm sorry if i've offended any

You haven't offended me, that's for sure. I've no particular objection to them, but I have to say I'm unsure what all the fuss is about. As a very general rule, I find them a bit ugly, and because all my bikes are old, they really spoil the look. It's a mixture of the horrible badge on the side, coupled with the very non-olde worlde tread patterns. And in the last year, a Schwalbe has been the only tyre I've had a puncture in, despite their much-promoted kevlar lining. I think, and this is controversial, they spoil some very nice bikes that have attended the TCT. Not naming any names... :roll:

Graham, wot reckons Steve B's and Steve S's bikes are spoiled by the Schwalbes :wink:
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

now that IS contoversy :lol:
AMC

Post by AMC »

now that IS contoversy :lol:
Think I'll bow rapidly out of conversation claiming urgent tasks to attend to...
corshamjim

Post by corshamjim »

Schwalbe Marathon Plus are the supplied tyres on my Pashley, so like them or not they're the 'correct' tyre for the bike if one bothers about such things. :roll:

I spoke to lbs a couple of days ago about getting my spare hub and rim built up as a spare wheel so I can have Marathon Winter tyres on one and Marathon Plus on the other (I'm too lazy to take the tyres off and put them on again twice a year). I'll do the same for the front with a hub brake/dyno hub too. :D

I've not had a visitation from the puncture fairy on either M+ or Marathon Winters yet so for the time being my loyalty is with Schwalbe, although next time around I'm thinking of going for their City Jet tyres as the non-winter option - I had those on the APB and they seemed to do alright. They're a lot cheaper than M+ too.
ToggleChain Tourist - http://www.togglechaintour.co.uk/
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

hubgearfreak wrote:now that IS contoversy :lol:

Ah, so that must be his reason for not liking Shrek then eh, Tim? :wink:
Steve
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Greybeard wrote:
hubgearfreak wrote:now that IS contoversy :lol:

Ah, so that must be his reason for not liking Shrek then eh, Tim? :wink:
Steve

or perhaps because it's the second-worse bike Raleigh made :roll: (with the RSW pipping it into first place) :roll:

Graham, wots impressed by Greybeard's attempts at polishing a turd (well, painting one green, anyway) :mrgreen:
mark barker

Post by mark barker »

GrahamNR17 wrote:[
or perhaps because it's the second-worse bike Raleigh made :roll: (with the RSW pipping it into first place) :roll:

Hmm... should I be embarrassed about my recent ebay purchase then? RSW (mk2)... :D
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

Greybeard wrote:Ah, so that must be his reason for not liking Shrek then eh, Tim? :wink:

who knows? :lol:

however, big apples do get my vote of approval
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

mark barker wrote:
GrahamNR17 wrote:[

Hmm... should I be embarrassed about my recent ebay purchase then? RSW (mk2)... :D

Yes Image

:wink:
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

mark barker wrote:
GrahamNR17 wrote:Hmm... should I be embarrassed about my recent ebay purchase then? RSW (mk2)... :D

not at all - so long as you like it, that's all that matters 8)

let's have some pics
robc02

Post by robc02 »

Schwalbe, Continental?????

I always recommend Raleigh Records - especially for off-road. Bit pricey at seven quidish each - but then you generally have to pay that bit extra for the very best. :mrgreen: