togglechaintour bikes

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
corshamjim

Re: togglechaintour bikes

Post by corshamjim »

One of the guys at work bought a 1980's Winnebago off Ebay recently. Apparently it has everything including the kitchen sink. Only trouble is it does only 7 miles to the gallon. :shock:
ToggleChain Tourist - http://www.togglechaintour.co.uk/
robc02

Post by robc02 »

hubgearfreak wrote:
mark barker wrote:I'd happily join a wheel building course if they need people to make up numbers.....

if you're near enough to spend a day in lincoln, i'll show thee for a few ales 8)

A few ales, followed by a wheel building course, followed by a few more ales sounds good to me. We'll all come :wink:
robc02

Post by robc02 »

GrahamNR17 wrote:The foldy-uppy thing with the big beds is too big. Just got back from collecting it. I can't get it down the driveway, cos I mis-measured it by a whole foot :oops: I'll flip it ASAP while there's still a holiday season :oops:

Graham, wot measured once and bid twice and wots a twonk :oops:

:idea: Can't you cut it down the middle, remove a foot or so, then fasten it back together?

Don't see what's wrong with sleeping in a large jiffy bag myself :wink:
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

robc02 wrote:
GrahamNR17 wrote:The foldy-uppy thing with the big beds is too big. Just got back from collecting it. I can't get it down the driveway, cos I mis-measured it by a whole foot :oops: I'll flip it ASAP while there's still a holiday season :oops:

Graham, wot measured once and bid twice and wots a twonk :oops:

:idea: Can't you cut it down the middle, remove a foot or so, then fasten it back together?

Don't see what's wrong with sleeping in a large jiffy bag myself :wink:

Who appointed you Minister of Stupid Ideas? You're really on a roll this week! :lol:
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Managed to flip the foldy-uppy-trailer thing before lunchtime today :mrgreen:

Nowt lost but a few gallons of diesel from lugging it home last night 8)

Graham, wot might end up staying awake in his ikkle stupid tent again so will be drinking lots to numb the pain :roll:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Greybeard wrote:....... or a good old ultra-reliable deraillieur set-up might just win the day. At least when something does go awry it can usually be fixed so as to let ride home.

Steve (wot for the time being doesn't really care whether he sees another togglechain ever again :shock: )

I'm saying nowt :roll:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Just spent a miserable 30 minutes taking the wheel apart and packing the hub for it return :evil:

Tomorrow I'm going to concentrate on final prepping the Ultra Galaxy for the WoR on Monday - where I can forget about hubgears for a few days :wink:
I see that 60mph westerly winds are forecast for Monday :shock: If I wear my Carradice Duxback cape I could be home by 2am :?

Steve
robc02

Post by robc02 »

Greybeard wrote:Just spent a miserable 30 minutes taking the wheel apart and packing the hub for it return :evil:

There don't seem to be many complaints about the i9, or SRAM hubs in general. Hopefully yours will turn out to be a one-off failure and you can fit a replacement with confidence. :)

Its an unavoidable truth, though, that when a hub gear does pack up it often makes the bike unrideable. Having said that I have had to ride home in a hurry to get the car to collect someone who's derailleur had mysteriously gone into his spokes and locked the back wheel - nasty :shock:
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Greybeard wrote:Just spent a miserable 30 minutes taking the wheel apart and packing the hub for it return :evil:

Tomorrow I'm going to concentrate on final prepping the Ultra Galaxy for the WoR on Monday - where I can forget about hubgears for a few days :wink:
I see that 60mph westerly winds are forecast for Monday :shock: If I wear my Carradice Duxback cape I could be home by 2am :?

Steve

Have a fabulous ride, Steve 8) even if you are cheating and using wind power :roll: Hope the roads are wide enough to tack in the side winds :D

I had side wind once, dreadful affair :shock:
Biscuit

Post by Biscuit »

Lytchett manor booked for 10th and 11th, leave Sun' night.

I will bring my Humber and poss' 'The Guvnor'. I am aware that one can only ride one at a time but I prefer not to bring individual spares - much prefer a pre-assembled spare bicycle :-) Just looking for a courier bag for it to go in now.........................

Looking forward to it.
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

robc02 wrote:A few ales, followed by a wheel building course, followed by a few more ales sounds good to me. We'll all come :wink:

you'd be welcome too :wink:
Biscuit

Post by Biscuit »

hubgearfreak wrote:
robc02 wrote:A few ales, followed by a wheel building course, followed by a few more ales sounds good to me. We'll all come :wink:

you'd be welcome too :wink:

Hmmm,................................................ surely wheel building course, ales then ales?
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Well, the Galaxy is fully loaded - and weighing a ton :roll: So, I'll be back on Thursday-ish.
Seizure later, folks (and play nicely whilst I'm away).

Steve :wink:
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Got another camper 8) ...that fits down my driveway :oops:

Graham, wots got as many campers as bikes (or so it feels) :oops:
corshamjim

Post by corshamjim »

Chain's a bit slack there Graham. :D

ToggleChain Tourist - http://www.togglechaintour.co.uk/