togglechaintour bikes

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Greybeard

Re: togglechaintour bikes

Postby Greybeard » 22 Jul 2010, 8:11pm

hubgearfreak wrote: i started at the end and worked towards the centre, as it looks like steve did too 8)

Yup, sure did. It's the neatest way of doing it, but you have to let the cable come out right at the end of the binding. If you start in the centre and work out, the cable can exit anywhere along it, but you end up with the securing tape up against the lever.

Steve

PS had a ride around the garden on Shrek tonight - well impressed with the manoeuvrability and the gearing seems about right. Once it's dark I might give it a go on the street :oops: :wink:

hubgearfreak

Postby hubgearfreak » 22 Jul 2010, 8:22pm

Greybeard wrote: had a ride around the garden on Shrek tonight

i assume then that it's finished? excellent :mrgreen:

either you're camera's bust, or you've let us all down.
you've let the school down, but most importantly, you've let yourself down :lol:

Greybeard

Postby Greybeard » 22 Jul 2010, 8:30pm

hubgearfreak wrote:i assume then that it's finished? excellent :mrgreen:

Almost, I've got the steerer to cut to the correct length, and paint it, and the bar tape to apply (cheap black stuff for the time being) and the saddles a temporary job that came with one of the Dawes.

hubgearfreak wrote:but most importantly, you've let yourself down :lol:

Actually I did have to let the front tyre down to get it past the brake bosses :wink:

Pics in due course - been under the weather for the last couple of days with a back problem, which has restricted progress. I did the 15 mile cycle home from taking the ship from Hull, where its been for the end of the clipper race festivities, back to its berth at South Ferriby yesterday and it did me no favours at all. an hour and a half to do a run that I normally do in an hours. I was in bed from 5pm :shock: and even worse, I had to use my car to get into work this morning :oops: :cry: May be more of the same tomorrow too - but it is my last full working day ---- ever :D :D :D

Steve

hubgearfreak

Postby hubgearfreak » 22 Jul 2010, 8:34pm

Greybeard wrote: it is my last full working day ---- ever :D :D :D

brilliant, i can't imagine how chuffed you are. 8)

hope you recover soon.

fossil

Postby fossil » 22 Jul 2010, 10:30pm

A happy last friday Steve , hope they buy you a few pints at the local :D :D

Got me widget out ( the git had a left handed thread :twisted: ) got it out with a 15" adjustable and a big bar through the hole in the end ( the adjustable !)

so Graham what do you think of me pawls :lol:
one looks a bit "varnished" what can i use to remove this ?

Walter isn't going on long journeys ie LEJOG ( been there done that ! ) so is it worth worring about ?
Image Attachments
DSCF0954 (Medium).jpg
DSCF0953 (Medium).jpg

GrahamNR17

Postby GrahamNR17 » 23 Jul 2010, 8:09am

Bet that took some shifting :D A soak in a good degreaser and scrub with a toothbrush is my usual method.

By the way, I think I have those pawls in the SA parts box.

GrahamNR17

Postby GrahamNR17 » 23 Jul 2010, 10:34am

Greybeard wrote:o - but it is my last full working day ---- ever :D :D :D

Steve

Huge congratulations on getting through all those years to this point 8) From now on it's work work work as you start to wonder how the hell you ever found time for a day job :lol:

Graham - wot reckons Steve don't look 65 even though 'e must be :D

Greybeard

Postby Greybeard » 23 Jul 2010, 5:49pm

GrahamNR17 wrote:Graham - wot reckons Steve don't look 65 even though 'e must be :D

I love you, Graham, and I want to have your babies - but I've still got 14 years to go before I get the 97 quid a week the Government has kindly been saving for me :?
Steve (wot's finkin' about all the jobs there are to do :| )

GrahamNR17

Postby GrahamNR17 » 23 Jul 2010, 6:46pm

Greybeard wrote:I love you, Graham, and I want to have your babies

S'pose I can't temp you with the ones I already have, can I? :|

hubgearfreak

Postby hubgearfreak » 23 Jul 2010, 7:09pm

GrahamNR17 wrote:S'pose I can't temp you with the ones I already have, can I? :|

you really want your kids to sit in the house, looking bemused at their 'dad' riding around the lawn on a liqigas green R20 whilst he's holding a one and a half foot diameter paraffin lamp? :shock:

GrahamNR17

Postby GrahamNR17 » 23 Jul 2010, 7:18pm

hubgearfreak wrote:
GrahamNR17 wrote:S'pose I can't temp you with the ones I already have, can I? :|

you really want your kids to sit in the house, looking bemused at their 'dad' riding around the lawn on a liqigas green R20 whilst he's holding a one and a half foot diameter paraffin lamp? :shock:

Look, I'm tryin' to off-load 'em, what makes you think I might be concerned for their mental well-being? :lol: :lol: :lol:

fossil

Postby fossil » 23 Jul 2010, 8:13pm

My boss was after a Pashley Roadster Classic , untill he went to Holland last weekend and saw a "Dutchy"
he came back and looked them up and saw it looked identicle to the pash , but a fraction of the price :shock:

So yesterday at about 2pm he placed his order , it arived this morning before 10 :shock: :shock: :shock:

there was a scratch on the rear mudguard and a front spoke niple had shearded :evil:
he took photos and phoned the man , and said if he gut the wheel sorted he would re-emberse :D

Ian put the bike together , and rode it arround the carpark , then let me have a go , I've never rode a bike with a castor brake :shock: and the handlebar was yo low as when i turned the ends touched my legs,

PS i would not buy one :wink:
Image Attachments
23072010044 (Medium).JPG

GrahamNR17

Postby GrahamNR17 » 23 Jul 2010, 8:19pm

fossil wrote:My boss was after a Pashley Roadster Classic , untill he went to Holland last weekend and saw a "Dutchy"
he came back and looked them up and saw it looked identicle to the pash , but a fraction of the price :shock:

So yesterday at about 2pm he placed his order , it arived this morning before 10 :shock: :shock: :shock:

there was a scratch on the rear mudguard and a front spoke niple had shearded :evil:
he took photos and phoned the man , and said if he gut the wheel sorted he would re-emberse :D

Ian put the bike together , and rode it arround the carpark , then let me have a go , I've never rode a bike with a castor brake :shock: and the handlebar was yo low as when i turned the ends touched my legs,

Where'd he get it from?

fossil

Postby fossil » 23 Jul 2010, 8:35pm

GrahamNR17 wrote:
fossil wrote:My boss was after a Pashley Roadster Classic , untill he went to Holland last weekend and saw a "Dutchy"

Where'd he get it from?

http://www.dutchie.co.uk/?gclid=CM-PiqK ... 4wodyHRIew

hubgearfreak

Postby hubgearfreak » 23 Jul 2010, 9:09pm

the biggest frame is 58cm? :shock: have they not been to the netherlands? :shock: