togglechaintour bikes

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
GrahamNR17

Re: togglechaintour bikes

Postby GrahamNR17 » 11 May 2011, 1:19pm

spark303 wrote:So looking on eBay, it would appear that the F-frame Moulton is no longer the discerning TCTers choice. I was considering bringing mine in June, but I wouldn't want to appear passé 8)

As I'll only be along as day tripper on the Saturday, what time are procedings due to commence and end? I'm thinking I might let the train take the strain if possible.

No, you must bring your F-frame 8) I shall probably be on mine, as I don't want it to sell, hence the price I've put it up for :oops: Tim doesn't much care for Moultons, so there's safety in numbers :mrgreen:

Things kick off around 9.30 to 10am-ish at the start point (I really should put up a map of where exactly that is) but logically somewhere nearby for breakfast is where people shall initially be found (Mike! Where's the nearest cafe that's open for brekky? :shock: or will you have a large pot of tea steaming away at the end of your nearby driveway :mrgreen: )

Last year we were really tardy with regards to start time, but give me a ring if you can't find us (I'll be emailing my mobile number to everyone that's booked, but if you haven't booked, drop me a PM for the number.)

GavinC

Postby GavinC » 11 May 2011, 1:32pm

GrahamNR17 wrote:No, you must bring your F-frame 8) I shall probably be on mine, as I don't want it to sell, hence the price I've put it up for :oops:

Interesting sales technique :D Although you could come unstuck if there are any keen Moulton fans in Japan checking eBay. :P

GrahamNR17 wrote:Things kick off around 9.30 to 10am-ish at the start point (I really should put up a map of where exactly that is) but logically somewhere nearby for breakfast is where people shall initially be found (Mike! Where's the nearest cafe that's open for brekky? :shock: or will you have a large pot of tea steaming away at the end of your nearby driveway :mrgreen: )

Last year we were really tardy with regards to start time, but give me a ring if you can't find us (I'll be emailing my mobile number to everyone that's booked, but if you haven't booked, drop me a PM for the number.)

Jolly good - I'm booked, so I'll just wait for the e-mail :)

mark barker

Postby mark barker » 11 May 2011, 1:55pm

corshamjim wrote:I won't be bringing a Moulton, but I will be bringing two 16" wheels.

Snap, lovingly attached to the cutest frame ever!

Greybeard

Postby Greybeard » 11 May 2011, 5:38pm

MikewsMITH2 wrote:
Building it was rather uneventful and straightforward

How did you sort the brakes out Steve?

V-brakes - what was to sort? Put the new pads in, connect the wires and that's about it really :roll:
Steve (wot thinks he's missing something here :shock: )

GrahamNR17

Postby GrahamNR17 » 11 May 2011, 10:14pm

Greybeard wrote:V-brakes - what was to sort? Put the new pads in, connect the wires and that's about it really :roll:
Steve (wot thinks he's missing something here :shock: )

They face inwards, if that helps :wink:

MikewsMITH2

Postby MikewsMITH2 » 13 May 2011, 10:14pm

MikewsMITH2 wrote:
Building it was rather uneventful and straightforward

How did you sort the brakes out Steve?

V-brakes - what was to sort? Put the new pads in, connect the wires and that's about it really
Stmeve (wot thinks he's missing something here )

I thought you had replaced 26 inch wheels with 700c aren't they bigger?
S.O.S - Save Our Steel!
1971 Raleigh Mercury
2010 Condor Fratello
1980 Peugeot Tandem
1989 MBK Aventure MTB
195? Viking Severn Valley
1951 Raleigh Lenton Sports
See them here http://tinyurl.com/Mikewsmiths-Bikes

hubgearfreak

Postby hubgearfreak » 13 May 2011, 10:17pm

the frame was made for 29er wheels 8)

a steel frame, 29er wheels and a 9 speed hub makes a mighty fine bike for us lanky types

MikewsMITH2

Postby MikewsMITH2 » 13 May 2011, 10:43pm

hings kick off around 9.30 to 10am-ish at the start point (I really should put up a map of where exactly that is) but logically somewhere nearby for breakfast is where people shall initially be found

Day 1 start is at Poole Quay. There is multi storey car park nearby (old orchard in the old town high street) I thought we would meet at a cafe There is one at the old customs house which is a well known landmark with 2 curved staircases. I will make a visit to find out the breakfast menu. Every 2nd building on Poole Quay is some kind of eatery. For a full English try the Antelope Hotel in the High Street.

Day 2 will start at the camp site as the route goes right past it. The Courtyard Centre is next door to the campsite and has a restaurant. I will check what time it opens and if they do breakfast. Otherwise we can stop in Wareham for breakfast.

Those attending Day 3 we will do bacon and sausage sarnies at our beach hut for a 2nd breakfast.

There is still a month to go and Didn't expect people to want to know detailed arrangements just yet!
S.O.S - Save Our Steel!
1971 Raleigh Mercury
2010 Condor Fratello
1980 Peugeot Tandem
1989 MBK Aventure MTB

MikewsMITH2

Postby MikewsMITH2 » 13 May 2011, 10:53pm

Day 2
All day breakfast available at The Courtyard Centre from 9.30am
http://thecourtyardcraftcentre.co.uk/dylans-restaurant.htm

See you there at 10am or 9.30am if you want breakfast
http://thecourtyardcraftcentre.co.uk/dylans-restaurant.htm
S.O.S - Save Our Steel!
1971 Raleigh Mercury
2010 Condor Fratello
1980 Peugeot Tandem
1989 MBK Aventure MTB

GrahamNR17

Postby GrahamNR17 » 14 May 2011, 8:20am

MikewsMITH2 wrote:There is still a month to go and Didn't expect people to want to know detailed arrangements just yet!

We shall also need your suggested route from the campsite to the Quay, as it all looks a bit "main roady" on the map...

MikewsMITH2

Postby MikewsMITH2 » 14 May 2011, 10:59am

We shall also need your suggested route from the campsite to the Quay, as it all looks a bit "main roady" on the map...

No it isn't. Its lanes and urban roads for the last mile or 2. I will send you the route on MapMyRide.

I will give you every detail now if you like.

Actually i havent decided on the Day 1 start point. If there are lots of "day trippers" it might be better to meet in Upton Country park, where there is loads of free parking and a tearoom too (not open until 10.30am though). It is also a bit closer to the campsite.

What would people rather do? Either or both? The breakfasters can start at Poole Quay. We are going through the park anyway so we could pick the daytrippers up there on the way.
S.O.S - Save Our Steel!
1971 Raleigh Mercury
2010 Condor Fratello
1980 Peugeot Tandem
1989 MBK Aventure MTB

GrahamNR17

Postby GrahamNR17 » 14 May 2011, 11:14am

Not wishing to blow my entire weekend budget on one breakfast, I probably won't take brekky at Custom House :shock: I think the Fishermans Cafe just round the corner will be more my level :oops:

I'll email the entire booking list this weekend to get an idea of who is camping, B&B and coming by car for each day so we can then firm-up where the meeting points will be :wink:

Graham, of the budget brekky :|

PS: Does anyone have a small trailer tent or ten foot caravan they need to offload so I don't have to screw myself up in a ball and freeze in my DL Envelope sized tent again :|

corshamjim

Postby corshamjim » 14 May 2011, 11:34am

+1 for the Budget Brekky :D
ToggleChain Tourist - http://www.togglechaintour.co.uk/

robc02

Postby robc02 » 14 May 2011, 3:09pm

Graham, of the budget brekky

And another for the budget brekky - after my gargantuan bowl of Meusli in the tent, of course :)

PS: Does anyone have a small trailer tent or ten foot caravan they need to offload so I don't have to screw myself up in a ball and freeze in my DL Envelope sized tent again

Softy :!: This will be my residence for the weekend. Plenty of room for one and a bowl of meusli 8)

robc02

Postby robc02 » 14 May 2011, 3:11pm

While we're talking about plans for TCT2, has anyone any suggestions for a not-too-congested route from the Midlands on a Friday afternoon?