togglechaintour bikes

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mikewynn

Re: togglechaintour bikes

Post by mikewynn »

Afraid Jen and I won't be making it either. TCT1 was so challenging that we decided we needed a months cycling in Croatia to prepare ( mainly balancing at low speed ). I managed to come home with a dicky ticker and my first appointment with the cardiologist is tomorrow. Enjoy yourselves and may the sun shine on you. Mike and Jen
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Take care of yourself Mike. We'll raise a jar or two in your honour, and wish you a speedy recovery to full fitness 8)
steve browne

Post by steve browne »

1) Sorry to hear about your cardiological developments Mike, have a successful trip to the cardiologist tomorrow.

2) As part of the last minute preparation I've been reading reviews of the local pubs. Generally disappointing if one intended getting nice food for an evening meal. The one that comes out head and shoulders above the rest is the Rose and Crown at Lytchett Matravers. Refurbished Feb 2011. It's a free house that does beer & cider & food well. Some locals travel five miles to go there cos it's so good. Anyone else care to give it a go?
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Your standards are too high :roll:
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

mikewynn wrote:Afraid Jen and I won't be making it either.

Hope you recover quickly, Mike. Take care. Of course, your absence from the TCT means that I'll probably be the Old Codger of the group (if I wasn't already,that is :? - cue comment from the Norfolk contingent)

And Steve B - Graham's standards are notoriously low :wink: I'm always up for a good meal - as if you couldn't tell :oops:

Seizure tomorrow. Steve (wot thinks he's packed everything, but has a niggling doubt)
corshamjim

Post by corshamjim »

Another change of plan - it looks like I'll be driving down tomorrow as Claire has engineered things so I can have the car. Yes I know it's still cheating. :oops:

So I expect I'll arrive lunch-time-ish depending on how many chores I end up doing in the morning.
ToggleChain Tourist - http://www.togglechaintour.co.uk/
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Greybeard wrote:Of course, your absence from the TCT means that I'll probably be the Old Codger of the group (if I wasn't already,that is :? - cue comment from the Norfolk contingent)

Well you are old enough to retire, despite your protestations of yoof. S'all I'm sayin' :roll:

Greybeard wrote:And Steve B - Graham's standards are notoriously low :wink:

My budget is a bit pie and mash rather than let's cover this enormous refurb bill we've landed ourselves with, yes :roll:

Greybeard wrote:I'm always up for a good meal - as if you couldn't tell :oops:

So you're old and fat then :roll:

Greybeard wrote:Steve (wot thinks he's packed everything, but has a niggling doubt)

Bikes. Bring bikes :roll:
Roadstersrevenge

Post by Roadstersrevenge »

Sorry I wont be along for this, have a bloody good one & have a pint for me, I miss bitter.. Bloody Guinness Guinness Guinness is it here..
Look forward to the photos - dont forget one of random giant mushrooms & odd looking nurses!
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

young mike, you'll be missed :( - get well soon

Roadstersrevenge wrote: have a pint for me, I miss bitter.

i'll see if i can find time to fit one in :wink:
MikewsMITH2

Post by MikewsMITH2 »

Pubs for dinner. Don't worry. The Bakers Arms is good. Popular but large enough to cope Small and more traditional is St Peters Finger. Both near the camp site. Never heard of the Rose and Crown though it's fame hasn't spread as far as. Poole ;-)
S.O.S - Save Our Steel!
1971 Raleigh Mercury
2010 Condor Fratello
1980 Peugeot Tandem
1989 MBK Aventure MTB
195? Viking Severn Valley
1951 Raleigh Lenton Sports
See them here http://tinyurl.com/Mikewsmiths-Bikes
MikewsMITH2

Post by MikewsMITH2 »

BTW Lytchett Matravers is up a long hill from the camp site. Nice freewheel back though. The well known pub there is The Chequers. Haven't been there for a few years though. No skin off my nose as I'll be in the car :)
S.O.S - Save Our Steel!
1971 Raleigh Mercury
2010 Condor Fratello
1980 Peugeot Tandem
1989 MBK Aventure MTB
GavinC

Post by GavinC »

I've already told Graham that I'm also going to be a no show :( But I hope you all have a great time and look forward to hearing the reports and seeing the pictures. :D
MikewsMITH2

Post by MikewsMITH2 »

5 of us hardy ToggleChainTourers went for a ride in the torrential rain in Dorset today the other 6 went shopping or something...
Mike- A southern softy wot likes to feel superior to the 'ard northerners who think "when the going gets tough...the tough go shopping. ;-)
S.O.S - Save Our Steel!
1971 Raleigh Mercury
2010 Condor Fratello
1980 Peugeot Tandem
1989 MBK Aventure MTB
steve browne

Post by steve browne »

Just got home. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Kit drying. Thanks for organising TCT2 Mike.
The first photo is of Carolin in the distance on a bumpy downhill track, taken on the mobile phone whilst trying to steer and brake with the other hand.
downhill one handed!.jpg

This is Rob, Mike and Will enjoying Wareham in the rain.
wareham in the rain.jpg
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

MikewsMITH2 wrote:when the going gets tough...the tough go shopping. ;-)

that's not how you spell drinking :wink:

i've had another brilliant weekend, with brilliant people. thanks to everyone else for making it all such good fun :mrgreen: