Introductions - tell us about yourself

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Padawan38

Re: Introductions - tell us about yourself

Post by Padawan38 »

Hello,

New French member from the Alps, near Alpe D'Huez.
I'm fan of daily commuting with fast bikes, building bikes as well.

I have built steel, titanium and carbon bikes.
My last one is a carbo aero + disc + flat bar + single chainring, similar to fitness Canyon Roadlite cf 9 LTD.

Rgds
P
Loggerheadian

Post by Loggerheadian »

Hello,
Fair-weather cyclist and forum lurker here.

Currently riding a fairly mixed bag, depending on time of year. Pinarello is my current sunday best - all the gear an no idea comes to mind.

Anyway, the forum looks full of interesting topics, and the usual spats. I'll contribute to the former when I think I have something worth adding.

Happy riding.
iateyoubutler

Newbie saying hello :-)

Post by iateyoubutler »

Evening all :D

As per usual, been a lurker for a while so decided to sign up. Been cycling for a good 20 years now, both on and off road, and my stable (alright, the garage... :lol: ) is my pride and joy!

Be nice to get involved in some cycling banter.....
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Not a new member, but renamed from to avoid security issues and never previously posted an intro, so here goes.

Lifelong cyclist, always loved being on two wheels. Most miles commuting (maybe 3-4000 miles annually), but also do a few miles leisure riding, occasional audaxes or sportives, and have done a little touring on occasion too. Hilly rides are always my favourites, though my 85kgs and love of food and drink mitigate strongly against speed up them.

Joined here just to sell something originally and got sucked into commenting on various things, particularly the Brexit thread. I'm sure the regulars will recognise me.
gaz

Post by gaz »

I note that you would never say where you came from :wink: .
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

"Citizen of nowhere" :wink:

(Actually Cheshire)
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Great name roubaix, from another (ex)Cheshireite.
Never been on the Br...you know what thread, so can't say I know who you really are yet.
fausto.
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Never been on the Br...you know what thread,

Wiser than myself then...
Durgemeister

Post by Durgemeister »

Real Name - Doug

Age - 53

I re-started cycling as a means to get fit (After visiting a GP for the first time in over 20 years !!!) in 2016, after a break of mumble mumble years, and apart from a little lapse of about a year, I am heavily back into it. 2016 started out with cheapo Folder, and now I am on a cheap second-hand MTB, I picked up for £10.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Durgemeister wrote:Real Name - Doug

Age - 53

I re-started cycling as a means to get fit (After visiting a GP for the first time in over 20 years !!!) in 2016, after a break of mumble mumble years, and apart from a little lapse of about a year, I am heavily back into it. 2016 started out with cheapo Folder, and now I am on a cheap second-hand MTB, I picked up for £10.

Welcome aboard, Plus One* for spending ten pounds, there are some on here who spend more than that

*approval/like
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Durgemeister

Post by Durgemeister »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Welcome aboard, Plus One* for spending ten pounds, there are some on here who spend more than that

*approval/like

Thanks for the welcome. £!5 including the previous one, in fact I've spent more on lights than I have on bikes in the last 2 years, but At some stage I am going to get myself something new, but budget of course. Each to their own re. the spending, however the major downside is that it is a red-rag to thieves. Here on the isle of Wight, it has been reported that a lot of tourists have been the victims of having their bikes nicked. Doesn't do the island's rep much good, especially considering it is considered a great place to cycle.
Neil67

Post by Neil67 »

Hi newbie here Neil age 51 from Crewe Cheshire, started seriously getting into cycling about 3 months ago after my knackered knee stopped me from running. Roughly doing about 125 miles a week and now averaging about 18mph, hopefully looking at doing some TT next year.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

I used to cyce quite extensively up to my 30s but it sort of faded. Over th last 30 years I concentrated on hillwalking and backpacking, which I could share with my family, but a major hernia operation last year brought me back to cycling. I got my 15 year old Raleigh Pioneer motorised and have never looked back. At 69 I have been cycle camping around both Northumberland, where I live, and Perthshire this year.

My bike is pictured at Pitlochry in the e-bike thread.
John
Cours

Post by Cours »

Hello, I'm Eric. Relatively new to cycling and keen to learn the ropes! I cycle around 200 miles a week over pretty hilly terrain. Currently riding a Dawes Galaxy 853 and an older Felt carbon which is on its last legs! A bit like it's owner :)
MickJav

Hi All

Post by MickJav »

Been into riding for a few years but never had a bike up to the task until just before christmas I bought a Giant CONTEND SL 2 2018
which I love going out today lol

20181204_130210.jpg