Introductions - tell us about yourself

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mr Hastings

Re: Introductions - tell us about yourself

Post by Mr Hastings »

My real name: Dave

Favourite colour: Black

Bikes/Cycling: Ferry oneself to and from my work on a Apollo Slant i call Bettie

Interesting fact: I once drank with Lemmy from Motorhead
Klimser

Post by Klimser »

So apparently I must introduce myself first... Makes sense, actually.

Favourite colour: Red

Bikes/Cycling: I own an old no-name bike. Nothing too fancy (well, naturally) but I like it. I will definitely buy something better but not right now. :)
Threevok

Post by Threevok »

hello everyone

Name - Allan
Age 49
Live in South Wales
I own two MTB bikes which I use mainly for commute/singletrack and touring
SoloOwners

New from the USA

Post by SoloOwners »

Hi. Dale from Pennsylvania in the USA.
I've recently retired and have more time on my hands.
I've been a member of a couple of motorcycle forums for a few years and I thought I'd have a look around.
Here to converse and learn. I've built a couple of bikes out of what other people thought were rubbish.
I also smashed a road bike along with a major potion of my body in a bicycle accident on one of our local paved trails.
Thought I'd say hello and will be lurkng and posting when I have a little more time.
Canuk

Post by Canuk »

Just moved to the UK fron Montreal, Canada for a two year work project.

I'm looking for long distance cycling routes and guides to the same, hope this is the place to find them!

Robby, 46, Aerospace Engineer. Currently working for Airbus.
Last edited by Canuk on 18 Nov 2018, 9:21am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisOntLancs

Post by ChrisOntLancs »

hello from a Salford commuter (on his computer) and Leigh/MCR hobbyist!

i'm a mature music student at Salford uni, on a relatively new Voodoo Marasa, traveling from Atherton on the busway and the East Lancs. i also like cycling in the surrounding areas, with a 5/10 mile Atherton to Leigh/Hindley green loop for rainy days.

can also be found occasionally on diplomatic trips to East Manchester, not touching the canal after Droylsden though, aham, Tameside Council.

if you want to say hello to me, look out for a dark red 'hipster wool' hat under a flo green helmet, trainers with three green stripes and far too much sock, and a mid range bike with a lovely grey and orange 'steal me' paint job, it's great when fellow cyclists let on!

been reading posts! look forward to future natters!
CG
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

ChrisOntLancs wrote:hello from a Salford commuter (on his computer) and Leigh/MCR hobbyist!

i'm a mature music student at Salford uni, on a relatively new Voodoo Marasa, traveling from Atherton on the busway and the East Lancs. i also like cycling in the surrounding areas, with a 5/10 mile Atherton to Leigh/Hindley green loop for rainy days.

can also be found occasionally on diplomatic trips to East Manchester, not touching the canal after Droylsden though, aham, Tameside Council.

if you want to say hello to me, look out for a dark red 'hipster wool' hat under a flo green helmet, trainers with three green stripes and far too much sock, and a mid range bike with a lovely grey and orange 'steal me' paint job, it's great when fellow cyclists let on!

been reading posts! look forward to future natters!
CG

I may see you around I use the towpath from Leigh area out toward Wigan,Toplock,Red Rack and Burscough area quite a bit :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Jonesthebike

Post by Jonesthebike »

Morning all.

Been lurking a while now so thought it polite to say hello....

Name: chris

Job: Something to do with wires

Bike: red and white

Bought a halfords special a few years ago when I glimpsed the profile of my beer gut in the mirror while I was having a wee in wetherspoons a couple of years ago.

Pootled around on it a bit but started to slowly get the bug at the start of this year. Upgraded to a trek madone 1.7 in the summer off gumtree for £400 (pleased with that ) and have been putting the miles in including a hundred miler and a charity ride through the Welsh mountains (ish) from shropshire to Aberystwyth.
Got to keep going through the winter so I can hit the ground running next year.

Chin chin
lakecycler

Hello all new to the site

Post by lakecycler »

Hello all, i live in the lake district for the last 24 years my names Dave and i have seen over the past ten years a huge increase in cyclists to my area. Now i am over 50 and not as fit as i once was.My main hobbies are hill climbing petrol powered and photography, as i am a professional photographer, for years.
I also enjoy getting out on the lakes and rivers boating when i have the time.
My partner enters loads of competitions as we are both retired, she has won some nice items over the years , and some items that we have no use for. The ones of no use got given away to friends or sold. around a month ago this bike, arrived via DHL at my doorstep.

Another win for the wife, we had purchased a tent and some other items to go with the tent, when registering the tent for guarantee, my wife entered a decathlon competition at the same time. And lo and behold this was the prize.
Now the last time i rode a bike was in Hull many years ago.
Once i had manged to assemble the bike , i could not believe how light this bike was, i have only ridden around the front of the house and down the lane, i love it. I am going to start riding more obviously this time of year is not ideal.
great site by the way even though i understand next to nowt on it :D
Jamieyorky

Post by Jamieyorky »

Hello !

Been looking at the forum for years but only just joined.

Name: Jamie

Bikes: 1951 Robin Hood Sports, 2015 Gazelle paris c7, 2015 Cube Agree Gtc sl, 2017 Ridgeback Tour.
TYKE

Post by TYKE »

Hello everyone . New to road cycling having caught the bug in August this year . Went out and got myself an early Christmas pressie a 2016 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 3 and loving every minute of it !!
Had to go out and spend hard earned cash on new clothing , shoes , helmet , and pedals... Getting to grips with spdl pedals and cleats :D
Been a mountain biker for many years and hitting the big 50 next so going through the mid life crisis

Based near ilkley in West Yorkshire
Rabid Infant

Post by Rabid Infant »

Name: Paul.

Bike: Boardman 2010 road comp

Interesting/not so interesting bits about me: Speak English and Japanese, love Asian food, love cats, love my family.

What got me into cycling? I don't yet know that I am into it, I used to ride as a teen on 20-30 mile trips but then stopped for 30 years, not sure if it is for me again but as I could do with losing a few pounds I thought why not, and I bought the above named bike to see.
Mattievrs

Post by Mattievrs »

Name: Matt

Bike: Specialized venge expert 2014, trek 1.2 alpha and cannondale Jekyll mtb.

Interesting/not so interesting bits about me: play the guitar and I currently sport a beard..... :o

What got me into cycling? loved it when I was a kid then got side tracked. Been Cycling again now for 2 years either road or mtb. Love the Peak District and any chance I can get away with either bike and my tent with my friends.
From Leicester
Road and mtb are my thing. Aswell as cars,women,fire,meat and beer.
Grarea

Post by Grarea »

Name: Graham

Condition: A born again Noob.

Always loved cycling and always had at least one bike.
But I am now getting back to cycling again and that makes me happy.

I have a hardtail MTB and am making a general multi purpose one as well.

I am slowly working on my pains to increase the distance that I can get.
GustavoW

Post by GustavoW »

Hello everybody,

I am delighted to be part of the community :) I introduce myself: Gustavo Woltmann, Argentinian and freshly arrived in London. I am married and will soon have a first child. Otherwise, I am passionate about "mountain cycling". And I am looking for one or more partners to share this passion with.