Introductions - tell us about yourself

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
clairebelle

Introductions - tell us about yourself

Post by clairebelle »

Hiya, I'm Claire.
10 months ago my car broke down. My partner (who has been a cyclist for over 20 years), suggested I get a bike instead. So, at 41, having never owned a bike before and not even been on one for a long, long time...I now find myself doing a 20 mile commute to work and back, every day, rain or shine! I've not looked back since. My partner chose well for me...a Specialized Vita. Perfect for my needs, especially with the addition of some Schwalbe tyres! I'm very lucky to live a stones throw away from beautiful Lancashire countryside. My weekend rides are now getting longer (and steeper), in preparation for our spring JOGLE adventure.
I look forward to reading any advice from your own experiences.
Good to be on this forum!
Clairebelle
Mistik-ka

Re: Introductions - tell us about yourself

Post by Mistik-ka »

Bravo! :D
forestboy60

Post by forestboy60 »

Hi everyone,
My name is Ian
Age 60
Occupation Office Clerk
Location near Truro Cornwall
Married 40 years with non cycling wife.
Bicycle Specialized Sirrus Sport
New to cycle touring/camping.

Would like to cycle the new cycle route Roscoff to Cherbourg, then Poole to Plymouth with the 2 ferry crossings maybe early September.
Stewart H

Post by Stewart H »

Hello all, I am Stewart, I have been lurking on the forum for a good while and have decided that I would like to participate more.
I live near Wrexham in lovely North Wales, am 56 years old.
I have returned to cycling after a long layoff spent sailing and riding motorcycles, following a heart attack in 2012 I was given my Norco by a Friend and have been working my way back to fitness, in my youth I was a keen Hostel touring rider and the proud owner of a Falcon Black Diamond bike, my stable currently consists of a Norco Hybrisised MTB from sometime in the 80s, it even has Biopace :)
A GT outback trail MTB for towpaths and an oversized kept in a timewarp Raleigh Stratos barn find that will be appearing in the for sale pages soon as the immense standover height from the 23" frame could damage my prospects :o .
I am a keen fettler of bikes/Cars/Motorbikes/outboard motors/garden machinery and have fixed most of the BSOs used by the local children (easier than yelling at them :) )
I dont own any Lycra and am often to be seen serenely pedalling along the pavements hereabouts.
gaz.thomas

Post by gaz.thomas »

Hi guys,
New member, based in warwickshire - I'm typically bribed into cycling with a promise of cake/beer at the destination (and en-route if my wife and I agree) and am also responsible for maintenance/repair of our bikes (and cars, washing machine, etc.)
Here mostly to ask daft questions beyond my spanner-monkeying abilities.
Gaz
TerryJones

Post by TerryJones »

Greetings. My name is Terry Jones and until 2010 at the age of 58 I was a lifelong cyclist. Due to problems with my hips and back, I was forced to stop riding. I sold all my bikes as I thought 'That's it for me'. I then took early retirement and resigned myself to a boring future of daytime TV and inactivity.
Now however, after medical intervention and exercise, I am riding again, albeit tentatively. I managed to build a bike from a mixture of parts I couldn't sell, second hand bits and pieces and some new odds and ends.
I am in Wickford, Essex and plan to ride with my local CTC group as soon as I am confident that I can manage a club run.
I am past the lycra stage and no longer own any as my cycling will now be restricted to 'pootling', (one of my favourite words!).
I am a keen photographer with an interest in all things 2 wheeled. I particularly like old Vespas and café racer motorcycles. I love animals and have a Border Collie.
I hope to see some of you awheel.
Regards, Jonesy.
Ugo51

Post by Ugo51 »

Hi,
my name is Ugo and I'm a freshly registered member from Glasgow :)

I'm trying to pick up biking here in Scotland...wish me luck :lol:
bleep

Post by bleep »

Tim from Rochdale, just completed the Eroica 100 mile ride -very very very hard!! Fantastic atmosphere though and a lovely welcome from all at the CTC tent.
AM7

Post by AM7 »

Hello all

I've been cycling on and off since my teens, but ride pretty regularly now, mainly day rides though I rode a solo LEJOG a couple of years ago. I'm hoping to do another multi-day long tour in the not too distant future, if I can fit it in around family commitments.

I also love tinkering with bikes, and have a garage full of bikes in various stages of repair, as well as loads of bits and pieces of bikes. I particularly like Moulton bikes and have four of them presently - one of my aims is to one day get a Moulton AM7.

If you see a middle age guy on small wheels in the north Essex area, wave hello!
Last edited by AM7 on 11 Aug 2015, 10:05pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slow Loris

Post by Slow Loris »

AM7 wrote: If you see a middle age guy on small wheels in the north Essex area, wave hello!

Welcome! I stayed at a lovely campsite near Saffron Walden on my last tour and intend to go back sometime, so you might spot me waving hello :) .
Slow Loris
Energy sparingly used
onmybike

Post by onmybike »

Hi there.

My name is Martin and was previously known as Rapidfire72 and Asdace. I decided to drop away from the forum, that walking took a lot of my holidays up and I'm now struggling to keep up the long distance walking. So, I'm back to cycling and have a cycling tour planned for September, which a double coast to coast and to visit four of the highest inns on the trip. I recently did a overnight camp at Ingleby Cross, which was very enjoyable and it felt good to load up the mountain bike with the camping gear, better than carrying the gear on the back and no more sore feet and blisters. Anyway, nice to be to back on-board and hope to get posting.
Si

Post by Si »

Good to see you back, Martin. :D
bianchibiker

Post by bianchibiker »

Hi All, My name is Dave, and i live on the lovely North Wales coast with my wife, and cat called Bridget we often cycle along the coastal route from Talacre to Conway and sometimes beyond but not very often the " beyond" bit :D , Our bikes are Bianchi via narone 7 and a Giant OCR Compact, the Giant looks like it`s been in a time warp, it`s immaculate but must be 10/12 years old. You would probably recognise us as i always wear my helmet camera and like to run over dog walkers (ONLY JOKING :wink: ) We are glad to be associated with the CTC so if you see us out and about, Please give us a wave.............
Dave Pavett

Post by Dave Pavett »

Hi my name is Dave, and I am a cyclist
plodderpaul

Post by plodderpaul »

hello everyone, im paul and i have just been volunteered to do a big bike ride next year, not what i would class as a cyclist as yet but the more i read around these forums i can see me having some sort off a touring bike next year, hi again