Introductions - tell us about yourself

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
fixerupper

Re: Introductions - tell us about yourself

Post by fixerupper »

Thanks I will do that ....
gaz

Re: New Member ..

Post by gaz »

fixerupper wrote:What year do you think it is?

Welcome to the forum.

The crank arms and other Shimano components are likely to be date coded, numbers indicating date/month of manufacture on the reverse side. There may be part codes too which tend to be letters and numbers.
fixerupper

Post by fixerupper »

0h thanks for that gaz... I'll have a look in the morning when it gets to 2003 does it start again ?....
Outlaw Hobbs

Post by Outlaw Hobbs »

I'm just re-discovering the joys of road biking.

Now retired, I cycled a bit competitively in my teens and then became just a recreational cyclist mostly mountain biking with a bit of competition thrown in for a while.

Recently been on longer rides on the road with some old friends and this has even inspired me to start a long -delayed project to restore my late father's pre-war Hobbs frame. It is in a pretty bad way but I'm assured by the frame re-builders they can fix anything; including the cracks and fractures at various points.
aquavit

Post by aquavit »

Hello all

Been an an-off cyclist most of my life since starting with a Sun "racer" which was a bribe for passing my eleven plus!

I'm retired so have more time on my hands for indulging in various hobbies and assorted mischief, my current bikes are Condor Acciaio, Moulton TSR30 and a KTM semi off-road hybrid thingy.

Live mainly in Hungary now with a few months in France every year and an annual sojourn back to Blighty, so quite a mixed bag of riding conditions.
Stephen
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Do you speak and read Hungarian? Plus One if you do!
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
aquavit

Post by aquavit »

I manage to converse a little, enough to get by in day to day circumstances but in no way fluent!
Stephen
bloowitt

Post by bloowitt »

Hi all,

I joined the ranks of cycling commuters through the Santander cycles when moving to London, and am now discovering the joys of cycle travelling; have done London-Manchester, London-Netherlands-London and London-Basque Country through Brittany and parts of EV1 so far.

Currently ride a Boardman CX Team for fun and Boris bikes every day for moving around, which are probably going to be replaced soonish when I find something suitable.

Cheers,
thierry

Post by thierry »

Hi everyone,

New french member joining the forum. I am based in Lyon but I lived in Manchester for some time.
I'm 31 and got into cycling 4-5 years ago when I started commuting. I have now 2 peugeot's and a more recent disc brake touring bike (hopefully one day I will have an Alex Singer!).
So far I have toured mostly in France but would like to travel further in the future (Switzerland, Italy, UK, Portugal, Iceland etc etc etc.).

Oh, and my username is my real name.

Cheers!
PuncturedBicycle

Post by PuncturedBicycle »

Hi

New member from Bristol here. I've been cycling on and off for 40+ years and have been a regular commuter for the last 8 years or so.

Last week I had my first major accident leaving me with a broken collarbone, ribs and a punctured lung. A request for advice is posted here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123703&p=1255373#p1255373
CubbyJaggy

Greeting I am new ( dunno where to put this)

Post by CubbyJaggy »

Greetings I am new I am 30 years old and have just got my first road bike its a Triban 500 and its great fun to ride before that I always had the cheapest bike I could find regardless. I got this one because I needed a good bike that could cope with the miles for when I get my deliveroo job :)

I have however, taken rather a fancy to spending all day just riding around willy nilly to nowhere in particular and rather enjoy it :)
Cyril Haearn

Re: Greeting I am new ( dunno where to put this)

Post by Cyril Haearn »

What, you love cycling?
So do we!
There is "A Positive Thread" on here that you may care to contribute to :wink:

Welcome on board

BTW, there are a million posts on these fora, if you search you will find answers to most of your questions
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
crazydave789

Post by crazydave789 »

CubbyJaggy wrote:I have however, taken rather a fancy to spending all day just riding around willy nilly to nowhere in particular and rather enjoy it :)

that pretty much sums up deliveroo I reckon.
CubbyJaggy

Post by CubbyJaggy »

Excellent operation deliveroo will be a success then Deliveroo is kinda my dream job :) because of my bowel Intussesseption its the only job I can really do properly :) I do LOVE cycling always have and in Milton keynes its SOOOO SAFE :) I have completed the bikeablity level 2 and want 3 so that when I leave MK I feel safe and stuff on the roads I also insured my bike like a car so that if I have an accident everything is hunky dory :) My new bike is called Buttercup :)
CubbyJaggy

Post by CubbyJaggy »

Cyril Haearn wrote:What, you love cycling?
So do we!
There is "A Positive Thread" on here that you may care to contribute to :wink:

Welcome on board

BTW, there are a million posts on these fora, if you search you will find answers to most of your questions

thanks a lot :) I am looking through all the posts SOOO MUCH READING not enough cycling however I am flaring at the moment so bike riding is not an option anyway :)