Introductions - tell us about yourself

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cowsham

Re: Introductions - tell us about yourself

Postby Cowsham » 26 Nov 2020, 12:32am

Lazycarton wrote:Having started a thread recently I thought I should introduce myself.
I am Rob and I live in the Three Counties region on the borders of Surrey/W.Sussex and Hants. I started cycling over 30 years ago on the advice of my GP when I went to him with problems with my knees from too much road running. Once I started I never stopped. I retired about 18 months ago and ride normally every other day. There are a lot of routes in the area that take you on less congested roads and there is lots of off road if you want it.

I just hope that I can continue to ride for may years to come as it really is the best medicine anyone can take.

Too right - I've proved Dr bike manys a time.

GrahamJ

Postby GrahamJ » 4 Dec 2020, 9:12pm

Slothman wrote:I do have a MTB. It's a 2003 (I think) Claude Butler Cape Wrath 18" frame. I don't really use it as I find it uncomfortable on my shoulders and hands for road use (which is what I plan).
Looking at it as a cup half full though, it's in superb condition!

Mine isn't.
DSCI0009.JPG

I live near Cape Wrath, which is partly why I chose it. I have no idea what happened to the finish, or whether the damage went deeper, but it seemed best to buy a new bike when the drive train wore out...

I am new to the forum too by the way, so hello all.

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 4 Dec 2020, 9:13pm

Welcome.

Jonathan

Noah777

Hello!!!

Postby Noah777 » 30 Dec 2020, 12:19pm

I'm Noah from Norway,currently living in London.I'm new here.Hope to find new friends of same interests

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 30 Dec 2020, 2:49pm

Welcome.

Whereabouts are you? There are some real experts here on good routes through and around London.

Jonathan

prestavalve

Postby prestavalve » 5 Jan 2021, 2:16pm

I am Andy. I live in Fife, having returned from about ten years of working overseas a few months ago.

I like bicycles.