what happened there then.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Dai

Postby Dai » 10 Jan 2007, 9:25pm

The only way to stop it really is to insist on CTC membership NOs as part of the sign up process - but that alienates non-members and even worse potential members.
All we can hope is that if **** rears his/her/its ugly head the new regime of moderators will weed him out.

The only other possibility is setting up the system so that it tests the IP address - but then that prevents you from logging in on more than one computer.

It's a difficult one and I'd be glad to hear what our moderators have to say about it.

Graham

Postby Graham » 10 Jan 2007, 10:16pm

Don't worry folks this message board software has good security & administrative facilities ( unlike the previous board ). . . . and moderators will be keeping a regular watch.
Anyone is welcome on this board as long as their posts are positive : useful, informative, entertaining, etc.

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 10 Jan 2007, 10:43pm

Thanks for your reassurance Graham.I have to confess to not being a techy.you'v done good job setting everthing up I do sincerly hope the troll(s) doesn't appear again if he/she does i'm sure you'll sort it.
Thanks again, John

Dai

Postby Dai » 10 Jan 2007, 10:46pm

Ditto and not only that but the same as R2 said :D

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 11 Jan 2007, 12:01am

Thanks.

You've all done very well.

Mick F. Cornwall