What do you add to your soup?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Lawrie9

What do you add to your soup?

Post by Lawrie9 »

Do any of you as touring cyclists add anything interesting to your soup? I add chopped onions, lentles, noodles, grated carrot, chopped mint, chives and sorrel. One could also add chopped mushrooms. Let us know if you add anything interesting to your soup.
No jam doughnuts stored here overnight
kwackers

Re: What do you add to your soup?

Post by kwackers »

Lawrie9 wrote: I add chopped onions, lentles, noodles, grated carrot, chopped mint, chives and sorrel.

How boring... :wink:

What's wrong with road-kill? There'll be tons of that, esp this time of year.

Anyone own up to eating "road soup"?
Si

Post by Si »

there is a growing number of recipe books for it!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

kwackers wrote:
Lawrie9 wrote: I add chopped onions, lentles, noodles, grated carrot, chopped mint, chives and sorrel.

How boring... :wink:

What's wrong with road-kill? There'll be tons of that, esp this time of year.

I know a chap who regularly picks up pheasant and rabbits from the road to cook for tea,its not unusual to see a tail feather sticking out of his saddlebag!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Lawrie9 wrote:Do any of you as touring cyclists add anything interesting to your soup?

Beard hair usually :shock:
But there again, an unruly set of whiskers means that the consumtion of anything soupy, cream bunny or icecreamy is bound to end up resembling a nasty accident :oops:

Steve :wink:
ddddddd

Post by ddddddd »

Greybeard wrote:cream bunny

Is that a type of roadkill?
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

My favourite quick soup at the mo' is Fresh Pea, and is notable more for what I don't put in it!
Simply cook the contents of 1 small packet of frozen peas in the normal way, in about a pint of water with some trimmed spring onions. Once done, blend and eat. Yummy. Simple. Easy at home, but the issue for the traveling cyclist is how to blend it. Any ideas?
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
mw3230

Post by mw3230 »

I wonder at what point is it adding to the soup as opposed to the 'addition' being an ingredient of the soup. If the soup is planned from the outset, the ingredients gathered, prepared and used in the making, then the only extra should be salt and pepper to taste - with the exception of crusty bread dipped in during eating! Yum!
Retired and loving it
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Greybeard wrote:
Beard hair usually :shock:
But there again, an unruly set of whiskers means that the consumtion of anything soupy, cream bunny or icecreamy is bound to end up resembling a nasty accident :oops:

Steve :wink:

I always insist Mrs R2 shaves before making soup :roll:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
ddddddd

Post by ddddddd »

simonineaston wrote:My favourite quick soup at the mo' is Fresh Pea, and is notable more for what I don't put in it!
Simply cook the contents of 1 small packet of frozen peas in the normal way, in about a pint of water with some trimmed spring onions. Once done, blend and eat. Yummy. Simple. Easy at home, but the issue for the traveling cyclist is how to blend it. Any ideas?

Some people in californi-a have made blenders that are pedal powered.

Found it:
http://www.bikeblender.com
Anura

Post by Anura »

simonineaston wrote:My favourite quick soup at the mo' is Fresh Pea, and is notable more for what I don't put in it!

A pedal powered stick blender of course!