Show us your bike workshop

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Wheelwolf

Show us your bike workshop

Post by Wheelwolf »

Nicked this idea from another forum. Here is mine. Believe it or not I get the car in here as well. Then again it is a fiat panda.
Attachments
DSCF1468_1.JPG
DSCF1468_1.JPG (143.38 KiB) Viewed 875 times
GrahamNR17

Re: Show us your bike workshop

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Wheelwolf, there's something very wrong here. It's neat and tidy and well organised, how on earth do you manage to find anything :shock:
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Showing your workshop just might encourage someone to come and remove some items?
Be careful!

Anyway I'm not showing mine as it's a disgrace. :oops:
You'll never know if you don't try it.
Wheelwolf

Post by Wheelwolf »

Any one foolish enough to enter the Wolfs lair is going to get bitten :twisted:
spanner

Post by spanner »

cycleruk wrote:Showing your workshop just might encourage someone to come and remove some items?
Be careful!

Anyway I'm not showing mine as it's a disgrace. :oops:

i agree with you i wouldnt show mine either its a total mess
as regards security ive got three padbolts and strong padlocks a security light above the door
the t hinges are driled and bolted and have adapted a bike alarm which clamps on the seat tube and fitted it to the shed wall beside the door the cable for the alarm goes through the three padbolts then clips into the alarm box and is locked if the cable was cut the alarm would sound and can only be disabled with the key
so there is no way anyone could get into it there are too many light fingered idiots going about to be lax on shed security
btw the above security measures were recommended to me by a retired police officer who was also the crime prevention officer
Wheelwolf

Post by Wheelwolf »

There is a 49 page thread on this forum with pictures of peoples bikes. Toggle chain bikes, trailers etc. Wives/girlfriends whoops wrong forum :oops: . I don't see this is any more of a security risk than those.
And I wouldn't mind seeing a messy workshop (pervert) as like a dirty bike it shows it has been used.
AlbionLass

Post by AlbionLass »

My Bob Jackson lives in the living room so when any fettling needs doing the workstand goes up in there, mountain bike lives at the bottom of the stairs as it's generally dirtier than my Bob and gets worked on in the kitchen. My bike tools, cleaners, lube, spares etc live in boxes in the bedroom.
ncutler

Post by ncutler »

ok, here is mine ( a couple of years ago, but little has changed, except the bicycle )

IMG_2187-1.JPG

Nick
No pasaran
spanner

Post by spanner »

my 1957 flying scot continental gets kept in the spare bedroom covered with a green candlewick bedspread but is repaired outside on the repair stand
my 8x6 shed with the workbench and toolchest doesnt leave room for the bike stand with a bike on it
groveller

Post by groveller »

ncutler wrote:ok, here is mine ( a couple of years ago, but little has changed, except the bicycle )

IMG_2187-1.JPG

Nick

How on earth do you find the egg if the hen lays? :D