Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
gaz

Post by gaz »

BrianInnes wrote:An arty shot of my new Dawes Horizon.

Guess where it was taken?

Quite close to the top tube? :lol:
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
sir_lozz

Post by sir_lozz »

my beautiful sleek lightweight trek turned into a mule for my touring

hols!Image
real men don't need engines
Wildduck

Post by Wildduck »

Good to see you're looking after those handlebars with a strategically placed polystyrene hat! :wink:
Trice Q 2007 in inky blue (Quackers)
Bacchetta Corsa 26 ATT (The Mad Weeble)
Cube SL Team Cross (Rubberduckzilla)
Homebaked tourer (The Duck's Dream)
MTB mongrel (Harold the Flying Sheep)
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

my beautiful sleek lightweight trek turned into a mule for my touring

not much luggage there for full touring.

Jim
sir_lozz

Post by sir_lozz »

should be enough there for 3 weeks away, camping (i hope!!!!)
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

Interesting to see your list.

Jim
sir_lozz

Post by sir_lozz »

it was too long on here so i think that i have 'PM'ed' it to you!
Paul Smith SRCC

Post by Paul Smith SRCC »

AndyB wrote:I don't really want to drag this any further off-topic (but I will). How do you guys find the Carmina chainset? The chap at Spa Cycles reckoned they weren't up to much (something about the crank not fitting well).

Just seen this!

I use TA Carmina, I use it as I find road specific triple chainsets have ratios larger than I would like and ATB smaller, I wanted 26/36/46 and could not get that easily 'off the peg'.

As I imply here by using something in between does mean that effectively I could also do with a front mech that caters for those ratios, the road mech’ I use is designed for larger rings, as you can see the mech' follows a line of a larger ring.

This can mean that you don't get such good change, more noticeably when changing into the smallest ring. I have got it working well enough for my liking, although I try not to change down under full pressure and if possible not when in the largest rear sprocket, I get a better shift if I am in 3-4th sprocket down as the mech' engages the chain nearer where it was designed to do.

As for "The chap at Spa Cycles reckoned they weren't up to much (something about the crank not fitting well)"; not sure what he means by that, the chainset is JIS and not ISO, providing you use the correct BB then I have never had any problem fitting them and wouldn't anticipate any. For sure one feature is that it is a very versatile chainset with various combinations available as everything is separate, including the spider to crank, so this is something you need to make sure is tight and stays as such, that aside again I wouldn't anticipate any problems

Paul_Smith
Paul Smith. 37 Years in the Cycle Trade
My personal cycling blog, Bike Fitter at C & N Cycles
Member of the Pedal Club
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Paul Smith SRCC wrote:I use TA Carmina, I use it as I find road specific triple chainsets have ratios larger than I would like and ATB smaller, I wanted 26/36/46 and could not get that easily 'off the peg'.

As I imply here by using something in between does mean that effectively I could also do with a front mech that caters for those ratios, the road mech’ I use is designed for larger rings, as you can see the mech' follows a line of a larger ring.

Yes - I'm similar (44/34/24 or 48/38/26), but find my Campag Comp triple copes fine. Maybe I'm just not very discerning!

Paul Smith SRCC wrote:As for "The chap at Spa Cycles reckoned they weren't up to much (something about the crank not fitting well)"; not sure what he means by that, the chainset is JIS and not ISO, providing you use the correct BB then I have never had any problem fitting them and wouldn't anticipate any. For sure one feature is that it is a very versatile chainset with various combinations available as everything is separate, including the spider to crank, so this is something you need to make sure is tight and stays as such, that aside again I wouldn't anticipate any problems

It's a few months ago now, but I think he was talking about the crank-spider connection. It's good to hear you've had no problems.
2Tubs

Post by 2Tubs »

My Trek Pilot, (sorry, after a couple of weeks without a clean) following my Monday Evening Commute (Take all my clothes to work for a week, bring the previous weeks back, I travel light the rest of the week). Yes, i got puncture about 300 yards from home. Dagnammit.

My Brompton: -

My Giant Terrago: -

Sorry for the small image.

Gazza
Why not Look at Sheila's Wheelers E2E Journal
Or My Personal Site
Or My Tweets
Whatever you do, buy fair trade.
And smile.
cranky

Post by cranky »

2Tubs wrote:Sorry for the small image.

Gazza

Small :?: :?: it's downright microscopic :!: I've seen bacteria that were bigger :!:

:)
Iain

Ridgeback Genesis Day 2
Surly Long Haul Trucker
2Tubs

Post by 2Tubs »

cranky wrote:
2Tubs wrote:Sorry for the small image.

Gazza

Small :?: :?: it's downright microscopic :!: I've seen bacteria that were bigger :!:

:)

Must be your eyesight.

I'm young and it looks huuuuuge!

>;o)

Gazza
Why not Look at Sheila's Wheelers E2E Journal
Or My Personal Site
Or My Tweets
Whatever you do, buy fair trade.
And smile.
pioneer

Post by pioneer »

My Moulton FX8, now actually FX16, cheers Mick!
This is a great bike and goes suprisingly quickly. I've also shown the map-board on the bars with the extra bit of bar underneatth for the lights and comp'.
This is my fifth Moulton. (Still have the 64 Mark1 Deluxe and the 73 Mark3).
I've changed quite a bit on the bike,shorter cranks, shorter B/B, adjustable stem,front pannier racks,closer ratio cassette and now it is just about spot-on.
The only downside is that in the rain, because the transmission is closer to the road,they get dirty very quickly. (Like a lot of other small wheeled bikes I suppose).
The Pashley built Moultons are getting better all the time, but next,maybe an Esprit?

For now, "Molly" does me just fine!

lauriematt

Post by lauriematt »

pioneer wrote:My Moulton FX8, now actually FX16, cheers Mick!
This is a great bike and goes suprisingly quickly. I've also shown the map-board on the bars with the extra bit of bar underneatth for the lights and comp'.

[]

i like the look of that map board...is it home made or from a shop/website???
WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU .... CAN ONLY MAKE YOU STRONGER
pioneer

Post by pioneer »

Homemade. It's from leftover laminate flooring. About 5.5" x 2.5". There are rubber pads between the bars and board on either side of the stem. These stop the board rocking and rattling about. All held on with zip-ties. Might not sound too secure but it certainly works O.K.
The whole thing actually works better than the plastic map-trap I bought some time ago. Now that thing does rattle!