Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
phil parker

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by phil parker »

Sorry!! It's the road from Oxenwood to Great Bedwyn...
cjchambers

Post by cjchambers »

phil parker wrote:Sorry!! It's the road from Oxenwood to Great Bedwyn...

Oh dear. I AM very much mistaken! :(
phil parker

Post by phil parker »

Hah, but an easy mistake to make! I do know the road from Bowerchalke to 6dHandley and the view is very similar, but as I recall (been a couple of years now) it was certainly much steeper, as I cycled towards 6dHandley with full camping-touring gear, in January, to stay at the campsite there in preparation for a mid-March E-to-E!
karloman

Post by karloman »

Here's my Giant Terrago 1995.
That mid-range mountain bike proved ideal for a conversion as a rough stuff tourer. It had all the needed braze-ons and at 12.5 kg was reasonnably heavy. I like it so much I bought a used identical second one !
I was worried with the headtube lenght that I first found too short for the cockpit height I wanted (bars at saddle height) but in the end it's an advantage as it makes for a low top tube. When I get onboard I tend to throw my my leg over it the while holding the handlebar and the saddle. Doing so when heavily loaded is more secure than throwing the leg over the saddle which can lead to the bike falling.
2009_05 Jura à vélo 035 Giant chargé rdx3.jpg

As you see I don't travel kitchen sink but Rubbermaid ! That ugly box is very pratical for holding food (without worrying about leaks) and to serve as a washing basin (clothes and body). Yes I know it looks odd :oops:

Cheers
Karl
pioneer

Post by pioneer »

No, not odd, just eminently practical. Typical cyclist I'd say! You could put that on the "fully loaded" web-site.

Tip Top.
baaldi

Giant Defy 3

Post by baaldi »

Althought this is a stock photo, this is the same as my bike I have just ordered.

what do you think?
Attachments
Defy_3_Triple_yellow_black_.jpg
BigG

Post by BigG »

No doubt excellent for time-trialling or road racing; but not for touring or leisure cycling. What do you intend doing with it?
gentlegreen

Post by gentlegreen »

My all-round hack since I have recently labelled a photo...

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6383 ... belled.jpg
gaz

Post by gaz »

That's the first bike I've seen fitted with Nun's Delight, although the bottle appears to be empty. :wink:

I'd like to find out more about the inner tube twist grip, I think this could solve a problem I'm facing on my commuter-to-be.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
gentlegreen

Post by gentlegreen »

gaz wrote:That's the first bike I've seen fitted with Nun's Delight, although the bottle appears to be empty. :wink:

I'd like to find out more about the inner tube twist grip, I think this could solve a problem I'm facing on my commuter-to-be.

I have to confess I'm a bit of a girl's blouse in the drinking department, so after having a few swigs from the freshly-opened bottle with my picnic, I poured the remainder into a plastic bottle to bring the 12 miles home and found a suitable bin for that bottle. ;)

The rubber grip is just a single section of tube - not even any glue. The surprising thing was how uncomfortable multiple layers proved to be as I tried to bring it up to the original diameter- it may be due to the density of the rubber. I've contemplated wedging cocktail sticks underneath or something ... but it can only be an improvement on bare plastic.

That's my solution for the half-pipe shifter, but the stubby little front changer on the left will be more of a challenge.

I had early pawl-spring failures on the first SRAM changers I had, but these replacements are going on and on, but I'm still not prepared to pay full price for replacement rubber.
baaldi

Post by baaldi »

BigG wrote:No doubt excellent for time-trialling or road racing; but not for touring or leisure cycling. What do you intend doing with it?

Just general road cycling, keeping it lightweight, which is why it looks bare.

I am eventually looking to join a local bike club etc.
TrailRat

Post by TrailRat »

My one and only steed! After almost 6 months of being left to freeze under a cover in the garden during winter. Today, I bled her brakes and put some air in her tyres, then took her for a spin round the block. Apart from a good clean and some basic tlc, she is still smooth and perfect!!
Don't Forget To Be Awesome or just DFTBA!

Meddle not in the affairs of the dragon; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
sleeping_menace

Post by sleeping_menace »

...hope it's ok to post an updated pic.

It's now pretty much done. Got the new disc for the rear, and replaced the Ultegra cranks with some Rotors. I'll tweak the little bits here and there, but it's largely as it's going to be for a while.

http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinternet.org

Cycle related blog entries, including a few 5 minute reviews:
http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinterne ... y/cycling/
fatboy

Post by fatboy »

My hack bike. Old Dawes Discovery bought for £45 about 8 years ago but "improved" with home made wheels (well I took apart perfectly good wheels and started again before realising the rear rim was cracking around the spoke holes so needed a new rim!), SJS bar-ends etc.
Attachments
IMGP0218_resized.JPG
"Marriage is a wonderful invention; but then again so is the bicycle puncture repair kit." - Billy Connolly
Robespierre

Post by Robespierre »

Although this is not my bike, I was following this tandem to take an action photo on one of our monthly Friday Night Rides in Sheffield. The problem was I didn't see the black and white post on the right side of the frame coming towards me. Fortunately the camera, me and my bike were all ok after getting up off the floor.
Attachments
<untitled>2011-04-08 at 19-00-20.jpg