Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Lance Dopestrong

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by Lance Dopestrong »

I like what you did with that Carrera Mr Knight.
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cytec 2 - exponent of hammer applied brute force.
CyberKnight

Post by CyberKnight »

Lance Dopestrong wrote:I like what you did with that Carrera Mr Knight.

Thanks, it could do with a wider bar as they are 38s but overall its a cracking ride .
John Wayne: "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on... I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
gaz

Post by gaz »

Latest n+1
DSCN1426.JPG

Needed a few adjustments, the reverse normal rear mech was a bit of a mind-bender. Round the block testing suggests it will be fun.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Ash28

Post by Ash28 »

P7230451a.jpg

First ride with new butterfly bars. I like them but It feels a bit like riding an exercise bike.
The Only Cyclist In The Village
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
gaz wrote:Latest n+1
DSCN1426.JPG
Needed a few adjustments, the reverse normal rear mech was a bit of a mind-bender. Round the block testing suggests it will be fun.

Bought three folders this year but only ridden one round the garden.........with no brakes :P
The one in your pic is similar frame stuff including the toggles, handle bars etc, all bog standard stuff I suppose.

I did probably last ride a small wheel folder in my youth, the test ride in garden frightened the life out of me, no brakes didn't help, small wheels, tell me what's the advantage apart from the novelty.
OK as a folder it is compact folded.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
gaz

Post by gaz »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:... tell me what's the advantage apart from the novelty.

The advantage, hassle free peak time commuter train travel. Rides better than expected, I only envisage short trips.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Avon bridge earlier this week
Attachments
Photo0724rs.jpg
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
rjb

Post by rjb »

rmurphy195 wrote:Avon bridge earlier this week

Last time I crossed the Avon (M5) i couldn't get over the volume of glass from broken windscreens which covered the cycle path. :shock:

I haven't been back. :(
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Spinners

Post by Spinners »

My roadified Giant Rapid hybrid...

I've seen a few new road bikes recently, like the Kona Esatto, with 30c tyres and 57mm brakes and fancied making a fatter tyred road bike using the frameset from a 2015 Giant Rapid hybrid I bought of eBay (£102). I stripped the bike right down to the frameset, keeping only the oversize seatpin, and replaced the headset bearings (£14 from 'airebearings' on eBay).

The two-year old Sora groupset and wheels came from my Giant Defy (upgraded this summer) and the 57mm Shimano R650 brakes are from my spares box and are probably seeing their fourth appearance on a bike! The 'flared' Giant Connect XR bars were from eBay (£10) as was the black and red Chinese saddle (£12). New cables and new Giant Connect bar tape have almost completed the build but I'm still on 25c tyres at the moment and on the lookout for some fast and supple 30c's.

Edit: I've swapped out the Giant 25c tyres for a pair of Schwalbe Speed Cruiser 30c tyres and whilst they are not going to win any awards for lightness they should be OK. Tyre clearance is massive and you'd get a 32c in there but only by deflating/reinflating so I'll stick at 30c.
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
hoppy58

Post by hoppy58 »

...my new Longitude, freshly built up from a frame...

ImageIMG_5445 by hop58, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5443 by hop58, on Flickr
Last edited by hoppy58 on 18 Sep 2017, 2:06pm, edited 1 time in total.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Nice one Hoppy :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
hoppy58

Post by hoppy58 »

Thank you. I haven't had the chance to go off-road in vengeance yet...hopefully this weekend :D . Initial tests down the lane are very positive!
hoppy58

Post by hoppy58 »

In its proper environment, good old skool Mountain biking - a rigid bike and not a trail centre in sight!! This bike is ace !!

Up above Llangollen, by the 3 trees descent.

ImageIMG_20170916_151323 (1) by hop58, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20170916_153650 by hop58, on Flickr
steady eddy

Post by steady eddy »

My new Pilgrim audax bike in "French Beige" - The frame was made by Bob Jackson to the Pilgrim spec and then built up with a NOS Campag triple on the front and a 12-28 on the back. 28mm tyres and deep drop brakes. All up it weighs 10.5kgs. I am not convinced by the Brooks saddle but I will persevere with it for a little longer. I wish I had had the fork and stay ends chromed now, but my environmental conscience got the better of me when I ordered it.
It's a joy to ride and makes my Galaxy seem very lardy by comparison.
Attachments
New Bike.jpg
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
hoppy58 wrote:Thank you. I haven't had the chance to go off-road in vengeance yet...hopefully this weekend :D . Initial tests down the lane are very positive!

Whats cadence like in bottom gear assuming you have not one legged it into hedge :mrgreen:
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.