Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
CREPELLO

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by CREPELLO »

My vision has been restored...in magenta? :O I'm only intrigued to know what the finish is on the water bottle holder?

It's a very nice hack R2. Nearly as nice as my new hack :D - of which I have failed slightly - as in it's too good to be a hack (like the last one...and the one before that. Doh!)

I'll put some pictures up of my attempt at a hack - soon.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

reohn2 wrote:The Hack,hopefully you can see now:-

dont know why u want to disparage it as a hack as looks good
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

mercalia wrote: dont know why u want to disparage it as a hack as looks good

I'm not being disparaging,it is what it is,a cheaply(though not nasty)built hack that does a job of a knock about bike :) .
In fact I have a bit of a soft spot for bikes like that,no fuss,no frills,just honest to goodness bikes doing it :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

CREPELLO wrote:My vision has been restored...in magenta? :O I'm only intrigued to know what the finish is on the water bottle holder?

It's a very nice hack R2. Nearly as nice as my new hack :D - of which I have failed slightly - as in it's too good to be a hack (like the last one...and the one before that. Doh!)

I'll put some pictures up of my attempt at a hack - soon.

Thanks for the appreciation :)
The bottle cage is a cheap thing that's been on the bike from new and has a gold and black mottled finish to it which sort of matched the gold script decals I removed during it refurb :)
W H Auden
rjb

Post by rjb »

reohn2 wrote:The bottle cage is a cheap thing that's been on the bike from new and has a gold and black mottled finish to it which sort of matched the gold script decals I removed during it refurb :)

I've got the same cage on my trike upthread, i thought someone had been a bit amiss with a gold spray can at Xmas, why couldn't they have been just plain black :lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

rjb wrote:
reohn2 wrote:The bottle cage is a cheap thing that's been on the bike from new and has a gold and black mottled finish to it which sort of matched the gold script decals I removed during it refurb :)

I've got the same cage on my trike upthread, i thought someone had been a bit amiss with a gold spray can at Xmas, why couldn't they have been just plain black :lol:

Because they're black and gold and we bought them,so they must have appealed or didn't matter as much at the time as they do now :mrgreen:
W H Auden
Nickeveson

Post by Nickeveson »

Here are two of mine....me with my Galaxy and my (for sale) Red Feather
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
peetee

Post by peetee »

Dennis:
Built to my specfication by Denis Field in 1989 from 531 tubes.
Specific design features include high mounted bottle cage on the down tube so the bike can be shouldered comfortably. pump peg on rear seat stay, heavy guage down tube free of braze ons for maximum strength. Rear chainstays formed from road bike forks to allow a narrow crank axle to assist with long term knee issue.
I am riding a lot of different bikes these days, both old and new, but this still feels fast and is most definitely a better bike than I am a rider.
Field MTB sm.jpg
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
freiston

Post by freiston »

peetee wrote:Dennis:
Built to my specfication by Denis Field in 1989 from 531 tubes.
Specific design features include high mounted bottle cage on the down tube so the bike can be shouldered comfortably. pump peg on rear seat stay, heavy guage down tube free of braze ons for maximum strength. Rear chainstays formed from road bike forks to allow a narrow crank axle to assist with long term knee issue.
I am riding a lot of different bikes these days, both old and new, but this still feels fast and is most definitely a better bike than I am a rider.
Field MTB sm.jpg

Are they Magura rim brakes?
Disclaimer: Treat what I say with caution and if possible, wait for someone with more knowledge and experience to contribute. ;)
fossala

Post by fossala »

This forum seems Moulton happy over the last 6 months. I'll add to it!
Moulton AM-18 with hydrolastic rear suspension.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

The old man himself on the mighty Triban 500 ....
Attachments
603A-CWARW03.jpg
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Nickeveson

Post by Nickeveson »

Loving the Moulton!
RickH

Post by RickH »

I finally took the plunge to indulge in a new steed that I could fit the cheap 38mm Vittoria Voyager Hypers that I'd bought! :?

(Big version of photo here. I doubt it will ever be quite as clean again!)

The traditionalists will be pleased that it is all steel frame & forks with lots of braze-ons.

They may be less impressed by the 1x11 gearing & hydraulic discs.

I swapped the 47mm Marathon Mondials out for the 38mm Hypers (saving around 600g/ nearly 1 1/2 lb in the process) and fitted mudguards & a longer stem (110mm for the supplied 60mm).

First ride out today - 15.8 miles & over 1500ft of ascent. :D Apart from the odd mis-shift as I got used to the SRAM doubletap system (slight push of the paddle to change up, bigger push to change down, keep pushing to change another couple of gears lower) it was a pleasure to ride. Not sure about the flared bars, I didn't find them particularly comfortable on the drops - I may swap them for something like the FSA Vero bars on my old road bike.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Nice,I had a Kona Dew Drop(a cheap Alu Sutra-alike) and liked it but it made way for the second Vaya.I've always liked the Sutra range, though the earlier models didn't have enough clearance for bigger rubber than a 32mm with the old P2 fork(I fitted a Disc Trucker fork to mine to solve the problem).
The 1x11(36x10-42)gives a huge gear range :)

Enjoy :)
W H Auden
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

Phil_Chadwick wrote:
mercalia wrote:what and where is the little cave/hole in the side of the hill? a good place to stay a night?

Belas Knap longbarrow near Cleve Hill in Gloucestershire

http://www.britainexpress.com/counties/glouces/Belas_Knap.htm

Might be a bit spooky at night...

A chambered tomb dating from about 3800 BC. Thirty one skeletons were discovered in the tomb

Ha! I was there earlier last year. June IIRC. The idea of sleeping there reminds me of an occasion in the early 90s when I was heading west on the A4 around 11pm one summer evening (on a motorbike). Near Silbury Hill I saw a shape on the opposite verge, two people and some stuff... Looked a bit like they had a bike (pedal variety!) upside down, so thinking they might be glad of a hand (and I had a full tool kit, cos weight's not much of a problem on a motorbike), I turned round and discovered they were actually two backpackers. The shape I had seen had been them fiddling with their rucksacks. Where were they heading so late? Camping? No, they intended to sleep in West Kennet Long Barrow. Well, I'm sure it's dry and reasonably warm, but I wouldn't choose to sleep there.