Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
djnotts

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by djnotts »

My new-to-me 23 year old Raleigh Ravine - I very much doubt that it has done an average of a mile per year so far! Wanted an upright winter hack in half decent steel, but this is in such immaculate nick that almost too good to use! Everything as per catalogue and all bolts etc completely free. I guess 10 x the 70 quid I paid would have bought me something a bit better...

Such a comfy ride.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
See a lot of these 80-90's bikes not always complete ,I have a few :) , but have passed many for peanuts because I just have two many already, (need more space) but if complete and I have several of that era I am always tempted, unfortunately the 46 - 48 T top wheel of some of the early ones is two high for my task.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
rjb

Post by rjb »

My winter toy. Just assembled from my bits box. Longstaff trike conversion to a Falcon Reynolds 500 frame.
Longstaff trike conversion
Longstaff trike conversion
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

" Longstaff trike conversion "

Such FUN!
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Decided that my Ravine (above) IS too nice to dress in 'grds and use in nasty weather. My Tricross flat bar mtb geared every day bike needs replacement shifters, a saddle (taken for the Ravine) and a new front OP rim. I have a new rim, but giving that a notional "value" of 30 quid, I'd have to spend at least £70. So much cheaper just to buy another complete bike.

Very light no-name alu frame with Kinesis fork and a mixed bag of Deore etc:

Swopped carbon bars and bar ends and 'grds from the Tricross on to it.

Reasonably priced at £41 I thought! The as new WTB saddle would have cost me 25 quid! And the Crank Bros seat post and stem a nice touch!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Hack:- Image
The bike was MrsR2's MTB from way back when,then was used for a few years by one on our S in L's to commute on,then the rear wheel got trashed when the chain went in the spokes.
It then languished behind the workshop for a couple of years sort of wrapped up in a plastic sheet until I exhumed it,when it looked like this:- Image
I rebuilt the rear wheel,de-stickered the frame,new chain,cassette,m/guards,tyres,h/bars,and few other bits I had in 'the box'.It weighs about a metric tonne,but is more than OK for it's intended use :)
What really surprised me was how well the major parts and frame had kept after being left outside with only a disintegrating plastic sheet semi covering it for so long,and it had hard life previous to that.
Rust was minimal other than the chain,and all bearings,mechs and shifters were good to mint.
What also surprises me is I've had a couple of "nice bike" :shock: comments which leads me to believe I've done too good of a job,I intended a non descript,blend in,sort of anonymous bike,perhaps I should've fitted drops on it :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
CREPELLO

Post by CREPELLO »

reohn2 wrote:Hack:-
Hacked? ;-) Your google user account...I can't see the pictures R2.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

CREPELLO wrote:
reohn2 wrote:Hack:-
Hacked? ;-) Your google user account...I can't see the pictures R2.

How's this:- Image

PS,is anyone else having problems seeing the pics
W H Auden
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

"PS,is anyone else having problems seeing the pics"

Yes - seeing nowt!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

djnotts wrote:"PS,is anyone else having problems seeing the pics"

Yes - seeing nowt!

What are you seeing?
I don't understand I've copied tit over from Picasa like I've done the ics of my Vaya I have for sale and the pics in the reflections thread :?

PS, anyone else having problems :?
W H Auden
rjb

Post by rjb »

i dont think your alone, ive seen that icon (a small rectangular box with the word "image" in it) posted in place of a photo on other threads recently. So you dont need to go to specsavers but something has changed. :wink:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

I can't see any of your pictures since you started the 'reflections' thread.

Just a black and white 'no entry' sign.

Strange, thought it was just my ageing laptop

All the best, Simon
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Me 2 R2 - no see photo.
If I right click and try to open it takes me to Google account and asks me to sign in.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
PH

Post by PH »

My Hewitt Cheviot SE, in it's latest build following a repair and respray last year. It's a long story involving insurance companies and incompetent solicitors, but this bike got repaired after I was told it would be written off and I'd bought something else in the the mean time. So this build is a deliberate attempt to make it different to it's replacement.
I haven't put a lot of mileage on it since, but a mechanical on my bike of choice has seen me use it for two 200km Audax in the last two days (Merry Christmas!) It's as comfortable as my favorite bike though doesn't have the convenience of the Rohloff and it's almost as quick (Over the distance) as my lighter Audax bike. I ought to ride it more, indeed I'll make a resolution of it for the New Year.
Here it is on a Christmas Day visit to the Tissington Trail, which I had almost to myself :D

ImageHewitt by Paul, on Flickr

EDIT - For comparison, it's original appearance on this thread from 10 years ago, how time flies...
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3832&start=30
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

The Hack,hopefully you can see now:-
W H Auden