Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Bmblbzzz

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by Bmblbzzz »

Ash28 wrote:P7230451a.jpg

First ride with new butterfly bars. I like them but It feels a bit like riding an exercise bike.

Hmmm, not sure about those bars but it's a very nice bike and a lovely photo.
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

rjb wrote:
rmurphy195 wrote:Avon bridge earlier this week

Last time I crossed the Avon (M5) i couldn't get over the volume of glass from broken windscreens which covered the cycle path. :shock:

I haven't been back. :(

I think you were unlucky. I've never noticed glass being a problem there; but the noise makes it unpleasant.
Niallmo

Post by Niallmo »

My Felt Z5.
freiston

Post by freiston »

Niallmo wrote:Thanks again! Really don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I checked all the [img] stuff.

I think it might be to do with how IMGUR works - the address showing in the address bar when I went to the image (and what was inside your [IMG] tags) was "https://imgur.com/gallery/MUQD8" which takes you to an IMGUR page with the image embedded. Using Firefox web browser, I right clicked on the image and selected "Copy Image Location" - which gave "https://i.imgur.com/DsBTe97.jpg" - which is what I put inside the [IMG] tags.

It's nice to see a modern road bike with mudguards and a seat that isn't a foot higher than the handlebars ;) 8)
Disclaimer: Treat what I say with caution and if possible, wait for someone with more knowledge and experience to contribute. ;)
Thornyone

Post by Thornyone »

Thorn Sherpa, NOT decked out for Brexit! This was taken when I was flying the flag for the 2012 London Olympics. Done about 33,000 miles since then and changed quite a few bits. The Rolls saddle rails snapped some while ago whilst being ridden (slowly, fortunately).

1993 Cannondale mountain bike, upgraded. Photo back in 2013 in Shropshire. Not ridden much since I got my Thorn, but currently undergoing an overhaul for use on nice summer days.... : :lol: (Sorry, links deleted re security concerns. Will post pics when I work out how to).
Last edited by Thornyone on 7 Apr 2018, 9:21am, edited 1 time in total.
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Our resprayed, refurbished Toucan Tandem ready for collection tomorrow:

toucan_1.JPG
PH

Post by PH »

BrianFox wrote:Our resprayed, refurbished Toucan Tandem ready for collection tomorrow:

toucan_1.JPG

Looking good - Who did the respray?
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

The refurb was done by the Tandem Company.

https://www.thetandemshop.com

They subcontracted the respray, but I don't know who to.

We actually bought the machine (2nd hand even then) nearly 20 years ago from their predecessor company, Swallows.
Niallmo

Post by Niallmo »

My 1964 Carlton Franco Suisse.

HJRW

Post by HJRW »

Nice nick !
KEEP CALM AND PEDAL ON -1999 Cresswell Fold-it, 1997 Pashley Tuberider, 1997 Raleigh Special Products Pro-Line M-Trax 300 MTB, 1982 Raleigh Royale, 1951 Robin Hood Sports, 1936 BSA Clubman, 1912 Swift Loop Frame, 2019 Boardman HYB 8.8
Si

Post by Si »

The first brand new bike I've bought in nearly 20 years.

Why this one? Tall head tube, shortish reach, good brakes, can carry a moderate amount of luggage, relatively light, can take in bridleways etc. Oh, and £600 off list price.

But, still got my old trusty tourer for cycle-camping...just need to get the darned seat post out so I can have it at the right height.

NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Yeh but no but ....whats that pedal doing in the grass :mrgreen:

Oh I like it when they say it was reduced by "£x".....begs the question how much is "£Y" :?

Bridleway......I think my bridleway's a bit more rural :)

My last bike new was in 96.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
freiston

Post by freiston »

Si wrote:The first brand new bike I've bought in nearly 20 years.

Why this one? Tall head tube, shortish reach, good brakes, can carry a moderate amount of luggage, relatively light, can take in bridleways etc. Oh, and £600 off list price.

But, still got my old trusty tourer for cycle-camping...just need to get the darned seat post out so I can have it at the right height.

https://i.imgur.com/xs71uyq.jpg

The seat looks about the right height for the handlebars :wink: Maybe a tad too high.
Disclaimer: Treat what I say with caution and if possible, wait for someone with more knowledge and experience to contribute. ;)
freiston

Post by freiston »

Is that a model railway running through your garden and a spare pedal on the grass?

p.s. very nice bikes :) I have a weak spot for dynamo hubs and bar-end shifters.
PH

Post by PH »

Very nice Si, quite a contrast between them. I've been reading in another thread about the versatility of such bikes and it doesn't help my resolve not to buy another, even though it would be one in two out which would help with the storage issue I have...