Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
CREPELLO

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by CREPELLO »

My newly built winter/everyday-do-everything bike. It's built up from a frame I found on ebay. Unbranded, it looks to have come from the same factory that makes Dawes Galaxies, having the same teardrop down tube and over-sized top tube. But this uses a 1" headset, so it's matched nicely to some Hewitt Cheviot forks, again found on ebay.

Wheels I built myself. Most parts have been used or accumulated over the years, except the Modolo Yuma butterfly bars and a few other bits. I'm so relieved that it handles perfectly, 'though not until I got the stem length right, at 13cm.
Attachments
P1000293f_edited-5.jpg
Kiltie12

Post by Kiltie12 »

Thomas the Tank
Thomas the Tank

My runaround for now, looks are decieving :cry:
This is ok for a 20 mile jaunt maybe.just. It is heavy, I remember my Dad's old Herules police bike.......that is how heavy it is. My own fault for being in so much of a rush to get back on the road then getting it out of a catalogue. :oops: ......needs must. My Dawes Tamarak is in bits for a redo to sus corrected forks to convert as a tourer. My Dawes even with the suspension forks I could put on my shoulder. Not this beastie..........the name on it is SPRINT.....down a hill maybe. :lol: But it will do for now till I save for my new frame. Life is such a slow thing when you have to budget :roll:
Kiltie12

Post by Kiltie12 »

llayercake wrote:My intended tourer after a very brief 'shakedown run' today. All the bolts stayed tight and nothing fell off. Hurrah!
Copy of Photo0010.jpg
Photo0003.jpg
Photo0013.jpg

I think I would have put the butterfly bars on her :)
beachcomber

Post by beachcomber »

CREPELLO wrote:My newly built winter/everyday-do-everything bike. It's built up from a frame I found on ebay. Unbranded, it looks to have come from the same factory that makes Dawes Galaxies, having the same teardrop down tube and over-sized top tube. But this uses a 1" headset, so it's matched nicely to some Hewitt Cheviot forks, again found on ebay.

Wheels I built myself. Most parts have been used or accumulated over the years, except the Modolo Yuma butterfly bars and a few other bits. I'm so relieved that it handles perfectly, 'though not until I got the stem length right, at 13cm.

I've just put Modolo butterfly bars on my partner's bike. They shortened the reach and transformed the bike for her. Photo to follow.
fearcliste

Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by fearcliste »

Heading up the Cooley mountains County Louth Ireland
Bit of a mixture..Aluminium frame, Rolls saddle, elite wheels, well weathered carradice longflap on bagman
Would like to see saddlebags back in fashion!
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311449137.025970.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311449137.025970.jpg (43.23 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
Kiltie12

Post by Kiltie12 »

fearcliste wrote:Would like to see saddlebags back in fashion!

Me too, I miss my old Carradice bag.........it reminded me of a magicians hat, was amazing what you could stuff in it :lol:
Kiltie12

Post by Kiltie12 »

CREPELLO wrote:My newly built winter/everyday-do-everything bike. It's built up from a frame I found on ebay

Thinking here, :) Hmmm.You have given me an idea for my tourer, thanks. I was going to convert my Dawes Tamarak with Suspension forks but I might sell it and get something like this one. :wink:
J.Y.Kelly

Post by J.Y.Kelly »

sleeping_menace wrote:...after a few recent updates....

Nnnnoooooooooooooooo!!! That's just wrong on soooo many levels!!!
cyclingvirtual

Post by cyclingvirtual »

My race bike.

rualexander

Post by rualexander »

My Thorn Audax Mk3, on the south Loch Earn road last sunday, looking across the loch to Glen Ogle.

2011-07-24_13-54-40_444.jpg
Kiltie12

Post by Kiltie12 »

rualexander wrote:My Thorn Audax Mk3, on the south Loch Earn road last sunday, looking across the loch to Glen Ogle.

2011-07-24_13-54-40_444.jpg

Long time since I did that road......like a slalom ride if I remember :D
martin biggs

Post by martin biggs »

see link below to see my first toggelchain bike plus another project i have just picked up and is waiting in the wings not sure what to do with it yet

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?ci ... ae1caX8%24

the red bike is a Phillips not sure of model and now needs cleaning and testing bars need swapping as they are bent and twisted , didnt realise till i fit them and tried it round block but never mind .

the blue bike is a P & A Keniston from Romford all 531 tubing unsure of age as have not found any dates on any parts yet so still looking and trying to east stem out as very tight but not siezed and hoping date stamped , unsure what to do with it as well , fancy having a go at doing full rebiuld and paint job rather than just use it as is ie scruffy commuter !

might even be tempted to sell as project
Benethi

Post by Benethi »

About ten years ago...
Scott in Cheddar:
Image Image
And today...
The new bike, which I picked up a couple of weeks ago and finally got to take for a proper ride today...
Spartacus in Cheddar:
Image Image Image
We've done a grand total of about 80 miles so far, but the more I ride it the more I love it :)
"Frankly, I’m suspicious of anyone who has a strong opinion on a complicated issue" - Scott Adams
Photos:
Scott's Travels 2010
Sparky's Travels 2012
Sparky's Travels 2013
:)
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

Not chopping the stem down then?
Benethi

Post by Benethi »

I will do at some point...once I've decided for definite how high I'm keeping the handlebars...
"Frankly, I’m suspicious of anyone who has a strong opinion on a complicated issue" - Scott Adams
Photos:
Scott's Travels 2010
Sparky's Travels 2012
Sparky's Travels 2013
:)