Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
PH

Post by PH »

My heavy duty tourer in Sherwood Forest on route to York Rally 2006

My not quiet so heavy tourer, near the end on an E2E, 2004
Hugo

Bike pic

Post by Hugo »

I've been on this for 3 1/2 years now and done an average of 5 miles per day.
I averaged 6.9mph over long distances whilst I had the computer on board.

How many miles is that.... almost 5000miles.

I get withdrawal llike I used to from a car, if I don't use her!
whoops

Post by whoops »

PH.-- Looking at the difference in your two bikes I'm beginning to think that Robin Hood was around in Sherwood at the time, or had bike No. 2 been on a diet. Although I expect Hoodies were banned in those days.
squeaker

Snap!

Post by squeaker »

Andrew Mills wrote:layed back
Except that I don't seem to have a multicoloured fish attached to mine (nor a blue skip...)Image
"42"
Hugo

Shoulder pads

Post by Hugo »

I would be very much inclined to wear shoulder pads on these recumbent machines. If you falls sideways the only way you can fall is on to your knee or your shoulder...... painful!

I would too, on the fast three wheeler hand and foot cranked, I've shown elsewhere. If the small front wheel locks and you go tumbling at 20mph,
it could be much more than just painful.

The three wheeler above, averages 7mph so a tumble merely hurts.
I have tumbled on to my shoulder three times in three years on account of the
small front wheel.

One very good reason for having a three wheeler is balance ..... so I should be able to carry on cycling longer than most 2 wheel cyclists, but that is, hopefully, a long way hence. Balance can deteriorate a lot as you get older.
squeaker

Re: Shoulder pads

Post by squeaker »

Hugo wrote:I would be very much inclined to wear shoulder pads on these recumbent machines. If you falls sideways the only way you can fall is on to your knee or your shoulder...... painful!
Er, so what's different compared to an 'upwrong', other than you have less far to fall on a recumbent?
"42"
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Er, so what's different compared to an 'upwrong', other than you have less far to fall on a recumbent?

Yeah on the two wheel recumbent you only have to put your foot down to regain balance. I have stirrups on mine which make it slightly more difficult to do.

Trike balance is rather more tricky than bike! Perhaps you don't and I do need shoulder pads and/or gloves. Gloves are always useful.
Tallis the Tortoise

Post by Tallis the Tortoise »

My main bike and pride and joy of 28 months or so:

This was just before leaving home for a 70 mile ride to Chepstow before camping for the night, riding the Chepstow 200km and riding home the next day after another night camping. By the time I returned the rain had claimed 2 of the lights (both recovered afterwards), quite a bit of brake pad rubber, and much of my morale, as well as soaking just about everything that I had with me.

Andy :-)
Terry T

Post by Terry T »

You must be a very fit tortoise Mr Tallis :!:
Mrs Tortoise

Post by Mrs Tortoise »

The tortoise workhorseImage
Mrs Tortoise

Post by Mrs Tortoise »

The tortoise thoroughbred before new wheels and clipless pedals.

georgew

Post by georgew »

This is my Thorn Nmesis bought from ebay and once belonging to the man himself. Not that that makes it any easier to pedal. I've got rid of all the titanium stuff in order to make it more appropriate for someone with traditional tastes. It still looks too flash though. [img][img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b332/onbike/PICT0279.jpg[/img][/img]
Tallis the Tortoise

Post by Tallis the Tortoise »

Terry T wrote:You must be a very fit tortoise Mr Tallis :!:

I was back then 6 months ago. And like a tortoise I had my home with me. Unofrtunately (or fortunately dpending on your opinion) fitness has subsided in favour of knowledge. Stupid degree things.

I have every intention of doing lots of miles this summer though, and have resolved to take less flat routes for commuting to help (there are only a couple of "flat"(ish) roads here anyway :wink:

Andy :-)
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

now that I've learned how to do a bit of 'pooter magic here's one of the Dawes tourer more to follow as and when.
Penfold
Location: Black Country in the heart of England (Gods country)

Post by Penfold »

Penfolds steed, after a damn good scrub :shock: It was very crappy today out on the roads.

Used the monies gained from selling a Lambretta Li special to fund
Mr Bianchi.......Used the monies gained from selling a drum kit to buy the Lambretta :?

I have an amount of cash in my 'slush fund' that has to be used for my toys :P
I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything,
I still believe that people are really good at heart.
- Anne Frank

There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England.
- Winston Churchill