Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Craggers

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by Craggers »

Here's my current family!

Dry commuter (fixed):
Langster.jpg

Wet commuter/tourer/general purpose:
MTB.jpg

Sunday best:
ribble.jpg
steveo_mcg

Post by steveo_mcg »

Here is my roadie with my slightly loaded saddle bag half way round Arthurs Seat in Edinburgh.

Full carradice on a road bike by steveo_mcg, on Flickr
beachcomber

Post by beachcomber »

steveo, if you changed the saddle for a Brooks and added a hub dyno it would look like my audax bike. :D
Dr.Doo

Post by Dr.Doo »

I can't wait to post a picture of my new (to me) bike. She's a real beaut and quite the best bike I've ever owned despite being a relatively elderly lady - I'm no spring chicken so we suit each other very well. :D
Dr.Doo

Post by Dr.Doo »

Out for a ride this evening I remembered to take a photograph of my 'new' steed. It was the first time I've been able to get out and ride more than a mile or two since I got her.

J.Y.Kelly

Post by J.Y.Kelly »

What's happened to all the touring bike I used to see on Sunday rides with my local group?

I long for the days of Carradice cotton duck, Brooks saddles, 531 tubing and the clean lines of a well made steel frame.
Still, if I wait long enough they will all reappear when fashion goes full circle. In the meantime, I'll wait for the world to be sucked in to the retro look, (when it becomes de rigeur again, as it surely will!)
fatboy

Post by fatboy »

What's happened to all the touring bike I used to see on Sunday rides with my local group?

I long for the days of Carradice cotton duck, Brooks saddles, 531 tubing and the clean lines of a well made steel frame.
Still, if I wait long enough they will all reappear when fashion goes full circle. In the meantime, I'll wait for the world to be sucked in to the retro look, (when it becomes de rigeur again, as it surely will!)

IMGP0048_resized.JPG

Not 531 but 520 and not a Brooks (as I couldn't afford one!)
"Marriage is a wonderful invention; but then again so is the bicycle puncture repair kit." - Billy Connolly
loafer

Post by loafer »

better later than never ..but picked it up today.. got them to make change,s as i wanted to break up all the black+white(is a macam) so red bar tape +tyres also got hold of some red toe straps had the picture in my head how it would look but was not all that sure i had gone overboard...got there he wheeled her out dam she look,s great well i love her loads ... bike shop set it just about spot on had a few spins round the block..ready for the darlington 50 miler in the morning .... a few pic.s
bike4 001.jpg

bike4 003.jpg

bike4 005.jpg

bike4 009.jpg

opps. http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/bikes- ... 011-p88441
Last edited by loafer on 4 Jun 2011, 10:47pm, edited 1 time in total.
corshamjim

Post by corshamjim »

Dr.Doo wrote:Out for a ride this evening I remembered to take a photograph of my 'new' steed. It was the first time I've been able to get out and ride more than a mile or two since I got her.

Those are tantalisingly lo-res pictures! What is it? From what I can see it looks very comfortable.
ToggleChain Tourist - http://www.togglechaintour.co.uk/
loafer

Post by loafer »

Dr.Doo

Post by Dr.Doo »

corshamjim wrote:
Dr.Doo wrote:Out for a ride this evening I remembered to take a photograph of my 'new' steed. It was the first time I've been able to get out and ride more than a mile or two since I got her.

Those are tantalisingly lo-res pictures! What is it? From what I can see it looks very comfortable.

Aye, the ipod doesn't have the best camera :)

She's a mid 80's Roger Haydock (Accrington) built, Reynolds 531, 19.5in frame with quite sweet lug work. 27in Mavic rims, Campag Brev chain set and Accushift levers/rear mech. She really is a wonderfully comfortable ride and quite, quite the most 'refined' bike I've ever owned. We shall grow (even) older and drop apart together :wink:
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Just put it back together yesterday after it's trip to the powder coaters. I'm considering narrower, lighter tyres for when I'm not loaded as my next purchase, maybe some folding 26 x 1.1

sleeping_menace

Post by sleeping_menace »

...after a few recent updates....

http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinternet.org

Cycle related blog entries, including a few 5 minute reviews:
http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinterne ... y/cycling/
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

How do you carry the cake?
sleeping_menace

Post by sleeping_menace »

Trigger wrote:How do you carry the cake?

in my left hand, that's why I have the 3rd brake lever on the right hand extension.. :)
http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinternet.org

Cycle related blog entries, including a few 5 minute reviews:
http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinterne ... y/cycling/