Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
ScotchEgg

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by ScotchEgg »

Its a lovely piece of junk!
filo

Post by filo »

My touring bike: frame custom built for me in 1995 by Tony Oliver when I was the CTC's Touring Officer. Reynolds 708 main tubes/Columbus SP forks and rear stays. 26" wheels. Built it up myself, although Chris Juden fitted the Stronglight headset for me (he had the tool, I didn't) and swapped me this custom steel rear rack for the alloy Blackburn rack I originally fitted. Rides like a dream unladen and just as well fully laden.

Still have my original order form plus the build sheet supplied by Tony, with measurements to five decimal places!

cjchambers

Post by cjchambers »

Very nice. I do like black rims on a dark bike!

I imagine Mr Juden is an incredibly useful colleague to have around when building a bike! I usually fit headsets with two blocks of wood and a bit of threaded rod :lol:
RobMac

Post by RobMac »

Just to prove I ride my '09' Galaxy Ti all year round :wink:
ConRAD

Post by ConRAD »

... her below, me and my beloved ktm cycling Brazil [2011]

Smudgerz

Post by Smudgerz »

I've just bought a Wester Ross tourer from a chap in Cardiff. I'll post pics once I get it into a state to ride!
whoops

pictures on my bike

Post by whoops »

here is me on my purple second-hand TJQ [TOMMY QUICK], Stanstead Rd, London before he actually spelt out his name on the down tube just his three initials, back in 1954. No Lycra in those days.
SCAN0644.JPG

although League Boys were the first to wear cut down frayed jeans before it became norm as a later trend.
Cheesedisease

Post by Cheesedisease »

This is the early '60s Harry Quinn I finished recently for my dad.

Built in 1963 I think, Reynolds 531, and with nearly all the original parts cleaned, regreased and back on. Mainly early Campagnolo Record parts with a couple concessions to modernity in a new-ish saddle and some Gran Bois bars as the aluminium of the originals had dangerously oxidised. Rides beautifully, amazed by how well it shifts after hearing how bad the original Record rear mechs were meant to be. Anyway, he's a happy man indeed!
Attachments
hq2.jpg
hq3.jpg
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

That's a nice restoration :D
It shows how frame angles have steepened alarmingly since the 60's :shock:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
english john

Post by english john »

Here is my Salsa Vaya.
I have been riding it throughout the winter, and now it is starting its summer commuting. Just run in at about 1000 miles
Disc brakes and big tyres - that was, and still is , the attraction. Secure and comfy.
Gears from old bikes , new Salsa Cowbell drops , 29er DT Swiss "economy" wheels , Vittoria Voyger Hyper 37mm tyres (as recommended by Re..)
Super bike
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz194/english_john/Vaya_zps42d85aa3.jpg
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

english john
Nice :)
I have a soft spot for the Vanilla one,but was blown away by the new blue colour and am still dithering,I really shouldn't go on Triton Cyclies site or one of these times.................
Great bikes :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Smudgerz wrote:I've just bought a Wester Ross tourer from a chap in Cardiff. I'll post pics once I get it into a state to ride!

Each time I've visited Cardiff I've seen a chap riding a Wester Ross bike, usually around the bay area.
I guess you've either bought the bike off him, or you'll have a perfect partner when you pedal around there.
Looking for to seeing it.
fausto.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Taken earlier, donkey packed and ready for the off.

rfryer

Post by rfryer »

Taking advantage of a nice day, at last. Genesis Day One Alfine 11, my Jack-of-all-trades bike. Solid, comfortable, reliable. Itching to start the descent, which is where she shines.

Genesis Day One Alfine 11
Genesis Day One Alfine 11

Not many modifications in the 1000 miles since new; just the saddle (still waiting to have a Brooks fitted!), rack and 23-tooth sprocket (so that I can spin up hills when I want to save my knees).
HowardW

Post by HowardW »

So picked up my new baby yesterday, Haven't given her a name yet but we had a first spin out to Uranus where she had her photo taken....