Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
leftpoole

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by leftpoole »

Thorn Sherpa heavy duty tourer, at home on day rides too!
Attachments
114180316.o3hCJrX0.jpg
Finn

Post by Finn »

Pioneer, the picture was taken on the pier in Piermont in the Hudson Valley, New York State. The pier was the disembarcation point for 10's of thousands of US troops heading for europe during the second world war. Maybe you where a GI in a previous life. That would be pretty spooky.
theking54

Post by theking54 »

Optimized-mercian (2).JPG
Hi every one.Here's my Mercian with Campag Centaur.
theking54

Post by theking54 »

Optimized-009 (1).JPG
And this is the wife's 1990 Nigel Dean Tour Ace,recently resprayed by Zone cycle's Newark.
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Looks like you and the Missus have got the blues :wink:
mikerr

Post by mikerr »

Thorn 'Sherpa'.
If you go to page 1 of this thread and scroll down, you will see the picture that inspired me to build this bike.
Thanks Jac.

mark_w

Post by mark_w »

From this morning;

Eventually my new bike arrived :D :D.

I rode it last week when it first arrived to get to know it a bit and found it fairly awkward and uncomfortable - my hands hurt and the handlebars felt too 'low' - couldn't even ride on the 'hoods', plus the gears felt awkward.
So I did quite a bit of research to find out why, and after a little bit of reconfiguration (to flip the handlebar aheadset stem to point up rather than down), a rotation of the handlebars a little, and a very slight raise of the seat (only about an inch above how it was set up for me) I now have a bike I utterly love. If anything, I could probably do with pulling the handlebars up a little further even!

I did 20 miles on it this morning and felt like I could have ridden another 50 with no problem. I only went home because I knew Mrs W wanted to go shopping and I was time limited!

It rides like a dream, is light (25-ish lbs) and fast but a proper tourer when I put on the rack (so the rear light is only there temporarily) so I'm a happy chap!

(Oh - and yes that is a themos of tea in the upright bottle cage :) )
--------
Blog : My Bike Rides
fraxinus

Post by fraxinus »

The Merc
Attachments
DSCF1267_1.JPG
The Merc
The Merc
Last edited by fraxinus on 20 Dec 2009, 9:56pm, edited 3 times in total.
So many bike rides so little time
Colin63

Post by Colin63 »

My bike is a year old this week. This is the official first birthday picture, taken at work just as the sun popped up above the woods on Thursday.
fraxinus

Post by fraxinus »

The Winter Bike
Attachments
DSCF1291_1.JPG
DSCF1278_2.JPG
DSCF1285_2.JPG
DSCF1293_1.JPG
fraxinus

Post by fraxinus »

THE STAFFORDSHIRE HOARD

In a shed at a secret location in the West Midlands an ancient hoard of bicycles and components have been found.
Thought to have belonged to a once King Of Mercian it is believed to have been hidden from the Queen Of Mercian to avoid her wrath had she known about it. Experts think this is the tip of the iceberg as there are other sheds and a garage to explore. :shock:
Attachments
Err next years projects
Err next years projects
Greybeard

Re:

Post by Greybeard »

hubgearfreak wrote:
is this a citybike, tourer, commuter, road bike? :?

Whatever it is, it looks like an extremely comfortable and practical bike to me, Hubs.
When we eventually get chance to meet up over a brew, I'll trade you a ride on my 'Guvnor' lookalike - the roads will have to dry out first though - no mudguards for either of us :wink:

Thanks also for the paint link - it looks very much like that paint would be a useful replacement for the legendary 'Tekaloid Enamel' that has long since disappeared. I reckon I'll be having a go with that on the Rover project (once the plating's done :roll: ) Did you brush or spray it on?

Steve
JKT

Post by JKT »

Here is mine! and yes, it folds! (to the annoyance of the train staff that ask me every day if it does in hopes that they can give me a fine, their faces go from :twisted: to :cry: sorry :oops: )

Colin63

Post by Colin63 »

Raleigh Eclipse.jpg

I haven't built up a bike for a couple of decades, but over the past few weeks I've been beavering away rescuing an old rotting Raleigh that a friend left me several years ago. The finished product is hardly cutting edge, but I've had great fun stripping everything down and rebuilding it. The idea was to recycle anything that was reusable as I had only a tiny budget and so it was always going to end up looking like a cheap 1980s hack. Luckily the bike hadn't been ridden too much and so was simply in need of some good cleaning, so I replaced all the bearings and the front wheel axle which had corroded badly. The seat post, bars and stem and rear rack are all from my first Mercian of 28 years ago. I bought new bar tape, a bottle cage, tyres and the Bluemels mudguards. The pedals on the Raleigh snapped while being stripped down so I transfered the MKS pedals from my Mercian and upgraded that bike to clipless. Cables were bought for pocket money from eBay. The saddle is a real cheapo which Mercian stuck on my bike when I bought it as I already had a Brooks waiting. Other than that everything has been reused.

So once it has a chain and brake blocks I have a perfectly good bike for pootling into town on and not worrying about as soon as it's out of sight, but best of all I've had great fun and am planning a couple more of these rescues before tackling something a bit classier. I'd love to restore a real classic bike, and I think I should do a few of these projects before I start on anything too ambitious.
Si

Post by Si »

That combination of colours just shouldn't work together, but, to my eye at least, they do!

chain's a bit slack though.